VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 05:49:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4* athlete/dual-threat QB Jauan Jennings  (Read 2740 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2014, 04:36:23 EDT »

http://247sports.com/Player/Jauan-Jennings-31595

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 04:43:23 EDT »

I like getting guys like these, they are very versatile. Safety or WR IMO

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:49:58 EDT »

I like getting guys like these, they are very versatile. Safety or WR IMO

I agree. I think we'll sign a more pure QB-- hoping for Gentry-- and Jennings will play another position. We just need the speed and athleticism of guys like this.

Butch also continues to get the best from the mid-state.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 05:49:54 EDT »

Another great pickup...currently #6 in Class of 2015, just behind LSU but (of course) much farther behind bammer.

We just need to keep recruiting at this clip.   At least top 10, hopefully top 5, and the talent coming in will at least be comparable to the better Fulmer years.  That's really all one can ask in terms of recruiting, the rest will be coaching ability, development of players and execution.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 06:28:08 EDT »

Another great pickup...currently #6 in Class of 2015, just behind LSU but (of course) much farther behind bammer.

We just need to keep recruiting at this clip.   At least top 10, hopefully top 5, and the talent coming in will at least be comparable to the better Fulmer years.  That's really all one can ask in terms of recruiting, the rest will be coaching ability, development of players and execution.

If you're recruiting in the top 5 in the SEC consistently, then you're in great shape to compete for an SECC. Fulmer did that but I think the competition is much stiffer now.

In Butch's two classes we finished 10th (2013) and 5th (2014) in the SEC according to 247-- and you can't hold 2013 against him. Dooley had a horrible class and Butch merely salvaged it as best he could. His 2015 class is currently 4th, behind Alabama, Texas A&M, and LSU. So when it comes to classes fully recruited by the new staff, we're right where we need to be. Hopefully we'll keep this up.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:41:40 EDT »

If this year goes like last year did, we probably won't see many more commitments for the next couple months.  Well, public commitments anyway.  I think Butch likes to make a big splash during Foundation Week.  Wasn't it July last year, when we got something like 6 4* or better commits in one week?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 05:27:32 EDT »

If you're recruiting in the top 5 in the SEC consistently, then you're in great shape to compete for an SECC. Fulmer did that but I think the competition is much stiffer now.

In Butch's two classes we finished 10th (2013) and 5th (2014) in the SEC according to 247-- and you can't hold 2013 against him. Dooley had a horrible class and Butch merely salvaged it as best he could. His 2015 class is currently 4th, behind Alabama, Texas A&M, and LSU. So when it comes to classes fully recruited by the new staff, we're right where we need to be. Hopefully we'll keep this up.

Dam, I thought we were third...didn't notice Tamu.  I guess I'm still used to them NOT being in the SEC.  So that means 4 of the top 6 are SEC....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 05:56:10 EDT »

If this year goes like last year did, we probably won't see many more commitments for the next couple months.  Well, public commitments anyway.  I think Butch likes to make a big splash during Foundation Week.  Wasn't it July last year, when we got something like 6 4* or better commits in one week?

Look for one this weekend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: