VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 01:36:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Texas.  (Read 1277 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:07:30 EST »

Thank you for firing Rick Barnes. Barnes coached Texas to 16 NCAA tourneys in 17 years. Now look at Texas. They have a losing record now.

Rick Barnes inherited a mess at UT. With the way Cuonzo Martin quit after the 2014 season and the hiring of Donnie Tyndall hurt UT Basketball. It killed recruiting.

Rick Barnes can flat out coach. The improvement of Robert Hubbs,Admiral Schoefield and Kyle Alexander is because of coaching and player development. I believe he has an eye for talent. Jordan Bone,Lemonte Turner,Jordan Bowden,John Fulkerson and Grant Williams are darn good players. They may not be lottery picks but will help UT win lots of games in the future. I am curious how much Kwe Parker will improve. Can't wait to see Jalen Johnson play next season. I also believe when recruits see the product Barnes is putting out the big time players will show more interest. Saw some video on Zach Kent. I think he has potential. I think the future is bright at UT.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:16:21 EST »

Smart was the young flavor of the moment and a lot of UT fans wanted him hired after Pearl and then again after Cuonzo. He might turn out to be a very good P5 coach but he's had a difficult 2 years so far and Texas fans are starting to get restless. When he was at VCU he did very well within the mid-major conference.... won it a few times and got the auto bid to the dance. He'd also knock off a big boy school here and there...much like Boise State in football. It's a different animal when you have to line up game after game and play the big boys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: