VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:10:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek: Into Darkness  (Read 2837 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:40:23 EDT »

AWESOME.

The storyline was better than the first, and I liked the first one. There is a huge tie in to the first star trek 2. There good funny banter, and we really get to see Spock go off in this one. The action is fast and comes at you in waves. Really impressed with what JJ Abrams has done with the star trek reboot.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:09:41 EDT »

I plan on seeing it tomorrow at 9:30 AM IMAX showing if I can get up and out. A week at the beach tired me out.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:18 EDT »

This storyline weaves in elements of the TV shows and movies.  The review I read on this movie was so wrong and appears to be written by someone who does not like any Star Trek. It holds true to the character of all the old TV crew. Was very well written and produced.
It introduces Carol Marcus who in Star Trek II (The Wrath of Khan) was Capt. Kirk's love and mother of his son. The movie works in multiple elements of the past.  Unless you have followed all Star Trek productions, you would not understand them.
Top Cat
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:39:43 EDT »

You guys give just about the worst movie reviews. . .I'm surprised you didn't trot out the old "on so many level" line.

You forgot the key element of any good review, a picture of the nuclear scientist. . .

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:59:18 EDT by Top Cat » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:05:22 EDT »

You guys give just about the worst movie reviews. . .I'm surprised you didn't trot out the old "on so many level" line.

You forgot the key element of any good review, a picture of the nuclear scientist. . .

Yes, she looks like so many of the nuclear scientists I have met. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:51:24 EDT »

The best casting I've ever seen was the Bond flick that featured Denise Richards as a rocket scientist.   What- was Jessica Simpson unavailable? 

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 06:52:58 EDT »

I have no complaints.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:18:25 EDT »

Alice Eve is very easy on the eyes. See also has the ability to act. However, I find it hard to concentrate on her acting when she is on screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: