VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 06:31:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC defensive POY comes out of the closet  (Read 10801 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 03:32:22 EST »

What I don't understand, is why do homosexuals feel compelled to express their sexuality publicly?  You don't often see heterosexuals proclaiming their sexuality.  If you talk with heterosexuals, their sexuality isn't typically a hot-button topic in their lives.  But for many homosexuals, it seems to be.   As a heterosexual, I don't feel "proud" that I am heterosexual, and so I don't feel the need to express it publicly.  Is the expression of their sexuality some sort of a coping mechanism for homosexuals?

That's because it's considered "normal" to be heterosexual in most societies, including the US, while there is a stigma with being gay. If someone came out and said "I'm straight", people would say "so?". Eventually society will say that about gay people too, and no one will need announce it because it won't be considered a big deal, and it won't take "courage" for anyone to come out. That day isn't here yet.

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50:07 EST »

1 - It's not his choice to be gay any more than it is a heterosexual's choice to be straight.

2 - NFL scouts have already said it will affect his status in the draft.

Prior to his announcement, he was projected to go anywhere from round 3 to 5.  If he falls further,  it will mostly be due to his poor showing at the Senior Bowl practices.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 06:03:18 EST »

I think this one probably should have been moved to PolitVol, but it hasn't and the discussion has been on an even keel.

Having said that, I believe what he himself said about coming out.  He said he had 'been in a dark place' for three years at Mizzou dreading that it would come out, or whatever, and that he didn't want that hanging over him any more.  I can't say I blame him for that.

Having also said that, I personally don't believe "people are born that way".  I think genetics certainly matter, but the truth is more complex, and that upbringing certainly matters also, but most of all, I think people CHOOSE just about everything about their lives whether they acknowledge it as so or not.  I am a firm believer that we can CHOOSE to be anything we want.  I completely believe in the power of the human spirit, which is given by God.

Those are my beliefs, I don't expect everyone to share them, but I will say this...there are no gay animals.  If there ARE any, they didn't reproduce, did they?   

There are other things I could add, but they would truly belong on PolitVol so I won't.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: