VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 05:39:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting story on the local news...  (Read 1063 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:24 EST »

A local tree-removal service was doing work in a North Chattanooga neighborhood today.  At some point, they overloaded the crane they were using.  It tipped over and went through the roofs of two nearby houses.  They successfully removed it by bringing in another crane to somehow lift it out.  The entire story played out over a few hours.

Not that this story in and of itself is of much interest to anyone here on VTTW (unless you happen to be one of the unfortunate homeowners).  But I was just wondering- how is it that some local mom & pop tree service can scramble two cranes to a single jobsite in one afternoon, but a certain major university 90 minutes to the north hasn't been able to requisition one crane in four months (and counting)?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:50:55 EST »

UT needs a 'Special' crane.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 01:54:16 EST »

I would guess, given the height of the scoreboard and also it's size, that a garden variety tree cuttin' crane would not cut it (no pun intended) for removing Butchie's picture.

Having said that, there is still no excuse for it.

In the end though, what does it matter?   Football is still a long way off.  Then again, when is the O&W game?  It really should be off by then, I would hope.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: