VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 10:13:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting run by NC State in the 1st half. 30-15.  (Read 11365 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 05:49:14 EST »

Maymon and probably Stokes...plus Barton will graduate.

Yeah. 4 of 5 starters that do a very high percentage of the team's scoring.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 06:12:05 EST »

My point exactly. These guys do not fit what we are doing and thus have little impact. Every team that has more size than us shuts down both Stokes and Maymon. If those guys were 6'11" and 6'8" instead of 6'7" and 6'5" we would be a lot better.

That goes back to coaching and trying to run your philosophy regardless of the talent available.

Maymon and probably Stokes...plus Barton will graduate.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 06:49:59 EST »

My point exactly. These guys do not fit what we are doing and thus have little impact. Every team that has more size than us shuts down both Stokes and Maymon. If those guys were 6'11" and 6'8" instead of 6'7" and 6'5" we would be a lot better.

That goes back to coaching and trying to run your philosophy regardless of the talent available.

I don't agree that they have little impact, as they score most of our points.

But I agree wholeheartedly about the coaching. Oddly, the guys on this team would be pretty well suited for Bruce's game. When they get into a groove and start running they can score points in bunches, but that runs counter to Cuonzo's philosophy so it never happens by design-- only by accident.

Even when Maymon and Stokes are gone this is not going to get any better, as it's really the guards and wings that drive that. Thompson, Richardson, Moore, Chievous, Hubbs, Davis . . . with guys like that, a full-court press, and a high-tempo offense you'll win some ballgames with a good coach.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 07:31:33 EST »

You think we're bad now? Take Maymon and Stokes and Barton out of the lineup and see what happens. This wouldn't even be an NIT team. It would be more on the level of Wade Houston's last team at Tennessee.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:41 EST »

When Hamilton was announced as the Next AD I almost wanted to slit my wrists.  A Clemson Graduate that is an ACCOUNTANT is chosen to run our Athletic Department.  Time to get prepared for being BFed....yep 12 years later we have been.....Hamilton made us the laughingstock of the NCAA due to his lack of backbone to support his coaches.  Haith lied to the NCAA and was giving BOOSTERS money to lie to the NCAA but he got a five game suspension.  NOW THAT IS TOTAL BS compared to Pearl's THREE YEAR SHOW CAUSE.  

Hamilton raised money but he also killed football and was the spineless worm of the AD

dickey was a great ad...too bad he didnt help pick a good successor 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2013, 05:40:14 EST »

You think we're bad now? Take Maymon and Stokes and Barton out of the lineup and see what happens. This wouldn't even be an NIT team. It would be more on the level of Wade Houston's last team at Tennessee.

The funny thing is we aren't an NIT team with them either.
Creek Walker
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2013, 05:42:12 EST »

The funny thing is we aren't an NIT team with them either.

Anything's possible, I guess. If UT fails to make the NIT this year, Cuonzo will have accomplished the single worst coaching season in the history of UT basketball, surpassing Buzz Peterson's and Wade Houston's final seasons at UT.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: