VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:14:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh no, Peyton is accused of juicing. I am pretty sure it is BS. The guy that  (Read 5534 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:49:51 EST »

reported it has recanted. But would he get more slack than the others. They have all denied it. Mathews, Harrison..etc. If it was true, would you feel any different towards Peyton? Would you make excuses for him more than the others. I think I would. It is the nature of sports fans. It is excusable for our guy to do it, but not yours.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:12:05 EST »

Considering the source has recanted and vehemently denied that the accusations he made are true, it's pretty much a non-issue. In fact, Al Jazeera is catching quite a bit of flack for going ahead and airing the piece last night even though they were aware that their source was denying its validity. While I'm not an attorney, I have to wonder whether it meets the definition of slander. The TV network would argue that it was merely quoting a source, of course, but Al Jazeera wouldn't be the first news outlet sued for running a hit piece knowing that its sources were lying.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:13:43 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:43 EST »

I just watched the documentary on Al Jazeera... The Charlie Sly guy is either a very well trained professional lying storyteller or... I don't know what.  Unfortunately, if Peyton or any of these guys DON'T sue, this crap will hang over them only because there are so many people who live to hate.  The Tom Brady fans are, of course, all over this now.  But I gotta say, based on Peyton's physique, if he was doping... he needs to get his money back.   

The thing that sucks is when you watch this thing and you know how much you believe it NOT to be true, the manipulative music underscoring and the way the camera work makes it all seem so seedy and "undercover"... it's SO manipulative.  People are going to buy it no matter what.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 10:30:35 EST »

I didnt see the piece but on local knoxville news wvlt noon broadcast they stated that Sly recanted at the end of the documentary.  Or maybe they were saying they would broadcast the disclaimer tonight?

My opinion...al jizz is playing the"any pub is good pub" game. They might get record ratings out of this to say the least.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:23:24 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:35:26 EST »

The facility already has stated that Sly didn't work there in 2011 during the time of his allegations, and he was only an unpaid intern for a short period in 2013, after the Mannings were no longer in Indy.  Caught in his lies, he had no real choice but to recant.  The other guy, Collins, in a known conman.  I'll choose to believe Peyton and the others implicated until even an ounce of credible information is reported.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-intern-center-peyton-manning-162630062.html
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 05:24:01 EST »

I know people who would deny that the sky is blue if they saw it reported on Fox News.  But those same people are totally buying an already debunked investigation into American sports by a media outlet based in Doha, Qatar.  Sounds legit.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 07:15:25 EST »

Al Jazeera is now backing off somewhat, saying the documentary never alleged Peyton Manning used HGH.    Yeah, I think I'll keep believing Peyton.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Al-Jazeera-says-it-never-alleged-Peyton-Manning-used-HGH-42340834
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 09:39:01 EST »

I wonder if it would be cost effective for him to sue them? Probably not. He could make their lives miserable a little bit though.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:45 EST »

I wonder if it would be cost effective for him to sue them? Probably not. He could make their lives miserable a little bit though.
discovery could get interesting, for both sides ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 06:02:41 EST »

Al Jazeera is now backing off somewhat, saying the documentary never alleged Peyton Manning used HGH.    Yeah, I think I'll keep believing Peyton.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Al-Jazeera-says-it-never-alleged-Peyton-Manning-used-HGH-42340834

Okay, this is already starting to collapse around the woman who produced the film... she is LYING.  Watch this interview, now she's contorting it into suggesting they never accused Peyton (which is a lie, particularly with the dramatic lead ins that suggested "one of America's most beloved and iconic athletes"...)

She is now pointing at ASHLEY?!?!?!  It's unraveling fast and this could get very ugly.  This is violating HIPPA rules and is a potential criminal invasion of privacy.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 07:50:41 EST »

Okay, this is already starting to collapse around the woman who produced the film... she is LYING.  Watch this interview, now she's contorting it into suggesting they never accused Peyton (which is a lie, particularly with the dramatic lead ins that suggested "one of America's most beloved and iconic athletes"...)

She is now pointing at ASHLEY?!?!?!  It's unraveling fast and this could get very ugly.  This is violating HIPPA rules and is a potential criminal invasion of privacy.

I like how the reporter said, "Well, he's not addressed the only accusation, which is that Ashley received HGH." (Paraphrasing.)

Wait...since when does being a star athlete require you to disclose to the world information about your spouse's medical condition/history? Obviously I'm operating under the presumption that Manning is innocent, but given the way this has unfolded, that isn't a hard assumption to make. Al Jazeera's handling of this -- not the least of which was going forward with the story after their only source recanted -- is shameful journalism. I make my living as a journalist. I know how much it sucks to put time and effort into a story only to have your source walk back his claims after the story is finished, especially when it's a juicy story (no pun intended). But when your source recants, you don't have a story. Period.

I had high hopes when Al Jazeera announced an American news network because I thought they might break through the partisan drawbacks of CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. For such a huge financial investment, AJAM has certainly been a huge disappointment.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 01:13:49 EST »

Well, I tend to give Peyton the benefit of the doubt, and to this point have really disregarded this. 

But now that the smoke is clearing, it does seem likely that Ashley got the HGH, and I am concerned that it will keep this alive. 

I have heard that it's used for fertility, and maybe that's what was going on...but it may create just enough of a doubt to keep this smoldering for a long time.   

The thing that probably hurts is how well Peyton recovered from what seemed a career-ender, particularly at his age.

OTOH, I did a quick google search and HGH is in fact used for fertility, and their children were born in 2011, so maybe it was for her.

If it turns out that Ashley had a legit use of the HGH, then this is definitely an egregious violation of her medical privacy, and Al jizz should be sued.

But again, if she really did get a lot of the stuff, it might leave just enough doubt to keep this going 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 01:19:38 EST »

I have heard that it's used for fertility, and maybe that's what was going on...but it may create just enough of a doubt to keep this smoldering for a long time.   

Check the timing and KNOWN events ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: