VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 03:05:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When I came up for the UF game in September...  (Read 4487 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:32:22 EST »

...I was shocked to see that the Krystal on Cumberland had closed.  I mean, how is it even possible that a Krystal right next to a college campus would not succeed?  Well, it looks like they're going to reopen after all.  One less abandoned eyesore on the Strip.  Let's hope it's the first of many- that area is starting to look like Detroit.

http://downtown.wbir.com/news/news/46818-construction-underway-krystal-strip-renovations

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:06:17 EST »

...I was shocked to see that the Krystal on Cumberland had closed.  I mean, how is it even possible that a Krystal right next to a college campus would not succeed?  Well, it looks like they're going to reopen after all.  One less abandoned eyesore on the Strip.  Let's hope it's the first of many- that area is starting to look like Detroit.

http://downtown.wbir.com/news/news/46818-construction-underway-krystal-strip-renovations

Huh.  One down the street from me closed a couple months ago.  It was the only fast food place on my work drive, or I might never have gone there (other than the occasional late night run).  I wonder if the corporation is in trouble...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 06:49:47 EST »

Huh.  One down the street from me closed a couple months ago.  It was the only fast food place on my work drive, or I might never have gone there (other than the occasional late night run).  I wonder if the corporation is in trouble...

They filed for bankruptcy in August

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:29 EST »

They filed for bankruptcy in August

No, that was Krystal the limosine manufacturer.  When you do a Google search, open those links and read the articles.

The fast food chain had a bankruptcy in the mid-90's, but has been in good shape since then.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 04:03:38 EST »

No, that was Krystal the limosine manufacturer.  When you do a Google search, open those links and read the articles.

The fast food chain had a bankruptcy in the mid-90's, but has been in good shape since then.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:55:02 EST »

I wouldn't have normally questioned it, but living in Chattanooga, I would've heard about it if a local company the size of Krystal were in trouble.

10EC
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:59:54 EST »

I wouldn't have normally questioned it, but living in Chattanooga, I would've heard about it if a local company the size of Krystal were in trouble.

I remember back in the day, that Krystal served fried okra.  Yummm
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:02:39 EST »

Now I'm craving Krystals.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 07:10:58 EST »

Our Krystal here shut down last year. It was a sad day. :(
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:21 EST »

They seem to be closing a lot of stores, for whatever reason. Maybe just shutting down the less profitable ones....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 03:42:58 EST »

They closed the store at the corner of Rossville Blvd. and 37th St. here in Chattanooga last year. It used to be one of the busiest stores in the chain. To be fair, the neighborhood is crumbling, but to see that store close was sad.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 04:31:56 EST »

Corporate-wise, they're no longer local to Chattanooga.  They moved to Atlanta: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/oct/03/krystal-moving-atlanta-chattanooga/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: