VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 05:12:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Cuonzo should get another year  (Read 8898 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:07 EST »

He will have Maymon back and add a very prolific offensive player in Hubbs. There should be no excuses next year for not making it to the dance. UK is having a down year but will be back with a vengeance next year, and we should do the same. If we can't get it done next year CCM should go

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:20:25 EST »

He will have Maymon back and add a very prolific offensive player in Hubbs. There should be no excuses next year for not making it to the dance. UK is having a down year but will be back with a vengeance next year, and we should do the same. If we can't get it done next year CCM should go

I think what you say is exactly what will happen, but it won't be because the guy can coach. The talent will be so good that it will mask CCM's lousy coaching and will delay his firing by a year. I do not wish for it but that's how I see it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:29:29 EST »

I didn't even know firing him was a conversation or topic.  I think the only way he doesn't get another year is if we lose almost all our remaining games, and that probably isn't happening.

I will say this though, during that run Ole Miss put together at the end of last night's game, a timeout, um, might have been a good idea?  But what do I know.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:29:37 EST »

I think what you say is exactly what will happen, but it won't be because the guy can coach. The talent will be so good that it will mask CCM's lousy coaching and will delay his firing by a year. I do not wish for it but that's how I see it.
Besides, after next year there will be a pretty darn good coach available ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:35:05 EST »

Besides, after next year there will be a pretty darn good coach available ...

In all seriousness, do you think that's a possibility?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:36:15 EST »

I didn't even know firing him was a conversation or topic.  I think the only way he doesn't get another year is if we lose almost all our remaining games, and that probably isn't happening.

I will say this though, during that run Ole Miss put together at the end of last night's game, a timeout, um, might have been a good idea?  But what do I know.....

I think CCM's done a pretty piss poor job coaching this year. No one wants to come see ugly basketball, and see us lose.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:39:12 EST »

Really?  No, but it would be a choice I would support. 
I believe Pearl could be a VLF and I believe he has learned his lesson. 
I do not believe that as long as Cheek is in charge it would happen.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

101stDad
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 05:39:44 EST »

That's just not going to happen - period. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 05:40:56 EST »

Agree with all of this but it's not just about Cheek. I'm not sure any administrator would want to take the risk. But like you, I'd be behind it 100% and I think the vast majority of UT basketball fans would.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 05:41:10 EST »

Until we get some scorers, and a real pg we are not going to win anything.

Regarding last nights game......we now know how others felt playing us when Lofton was here.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 05:42:10 EST »

I thought you said you didn't watch it? 
10EC
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46:50 EST »

Agree with all of this but it's not just about Cheek. I'm not sure any administrator would want to take the risk. But like you, I'd be behind it 100% and I think the vast majority of UT basketball fans would.

f-'em....  Hire Bruce back
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 05:53:21 EST »

I do like Armani Moore. I don't know if he can score but he contributed last night without scoring. Good leaper. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 06:05:36 EST »

I'd support it...hell I'd love it. I doubt it happens though. I do see him coaching somewhere, just hope it isn't one of our rivals

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 06:16:32 EST »

I was there last night at center court on the court, 4 seats from bobby knight.  The refs were awful on both sides....very late whistles all night.  I hate that ole miss shooter.....the guy has been to 4 schools in three years...
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 06:38:45 EST »

I was there last night at center court on the court, 4 seats from bobby knight.  The refs were awful on both sides....very late whistles all night.  I hate that ole miss shooter.....the guy has been to 4 schools in three years...
Speaking of Bobby Knight:  He is flat terrible as an announcer.  He has good insights but they get lost in his delivery and his lack of attention to detail outside of individual actions

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 06:39:34 EST »

The refs were horrible. Phantom fouls, late whistles, etc. There were waaaay too many fouls called in that game.

They broke the cardinal rule of officiating, they didn't see the foul they anticipated and in many cases invented the foul.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:32 EST »

I thought you said you didn't watch it? 

That comment is straight from the guy at the bar that did watch it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 07:25:11 EST »

That's just not going to happen - period. 

Yeah but it's fun to think about.  Thanks for putting a turd in the punch bowl!   

101stDad
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:36 EST »

Speaking of Bobby Knight:  He is flat terrible as an announcer.  He has good insights but they get lost in his delivery and his lack of attention to detail outside of individual actions

Yep.  Knight has really aged over the last couple of years.  His mind still works well, but he just can't get his thoughts out in a timely manner any longer. 
101stDad
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 07:27:14 EST »

Yeah but it's fun to think about.  Thanks for putting a turd in the punch bowl!   

Sorry.  Just not in to fantasies.   
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 09:20:18 EST »

Concerning Pearl: I would have reservations but lean towards having him back. But I don't think there is any way possible it would happen. One minor transgression and the NCAA would be camped in our backyard.

As for Knight, he is a poor announcer (or color guy, or analyst, or whatever). He actually makes up words. One time he said UT was out-statistic-ing Mississippi. That's a new one on me. And I live in South Carolina. 
101stDad
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 11:16:30 EST »

And I live in South Carolina. 

Speaking of South Carolina, have you every had any of Josh's and Bill's (the guys from near Spartanburg on Moonshiners) hooch?  Those guys don't appear to be very smart, but apparently they make good white likker.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:17 EST »

It definitely wouldn't happen as long as Cheek is around and probably won't happen even with him out of the picture. But there are people who matter who would support it 100%.

Would it be a smart move? Who knows. If Pearl slipped up, the NCAA would be on him like stink on cat crap and UT would look pretty stupid. I would be willing to take the risk.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 11:42:12 EST »

Speaking of South Carolina, have you every had any of Josh's and Bill's (the guys from near Spartanburg on Moonshiners) hooch?  Those guys don't appear to be very smart, but apparently they make good white likker.  

Nope. I've only drank a small sip of Moonshine on two different occasions. It's a mite too potent for me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:46:41 EST by droner » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: