VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 01:08:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know we have some folks around here with a shaving fetish...  (Read 3309 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:26:28 EST »

So have y'all tried out Dollar Shave Club? I think I'm in love. For $6/mo., I have a new blade for each week. They work as well as the much more expensive Gillette blades I've always used...I had forgotten what it was like to not be using a 3-month-old blade that was so dull it plucked rather than shaved. And since I refuse to shave every day unless I have an important meeting, I can actually stockpile blades.  I know this isn't as sophisticated as going and sitting in a barber's chair for a straight-blade shave, but for those of us who cringe at the idea of paying $10/blade at Walmart, it's well worth it.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 06:57:53 EST »

I've heard that advertised on ESPN radio, sounds intriguing. 

Or you could just do what I did and grow a beard.   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:25 EST »

Or you could just do what I did and grow a beard.   

Yed. Glad I'm not the only one participating in a no-shave winter. CObh doesn't much like it but I have no plans to expose my face to the cold air until at least the end of February.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:25:53 EST »

"First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns...next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants." - Si Robertson

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Vinnie.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:27 EST »

Yed. Glad I'm not the only one participating in a no-shave winter. CObh doesn't much like it but I have no plans to expose my face to the cold air until at least the end of February.

I grew mine 2 1/2 years ago when I took my new job.  My wife loves it and urged me to keep it. 

I trim it weekly, but it's still incredibly easier than keeping up shaving!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:12:55 EST »

I shave once a week (cheeks above my beard and neck line below) because I have to.  I went a couple of weekd this month and my wife commented on it.  I hate shaving and welcome the day I retire so I can go a month or so between.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:28:48 EST »

I grew mine 2 1/2 years ago when I took my new job.  My wife loves it and urged me to keep it. 

I trim it weekly, but it's still incredibly easier than keeping up shaving!

I was trimming mine weekly but the holidays hit and I grew increasingly lazy. She made me trim it on Saturday and it was the first time in at least 3 weeks. It was a little unruly, to be honest.

I shave once a week (cheeks above my beard and neck line below) because I have to.  I went a couple of weekd this month and my wife commented on it.  I hate shaving and welcome the day I retire so I can go a month or so between.

This is my normal mode. I shave on Monday mornings unless something special forces me to do otherwise. Sometimes I keep other facial hair but the beard is typically just a winter thing. Nobody at my work minds, so I just do what's easy and comfortable.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:38:08 EST »

I was trimming mine weekly but the holidays hit and I grew increasingly lazy. She made me trim it on Saturday and it was the first time in at least 3 weeks. It was a little unruly, to be honest.

This is my normal mode. I shave on Monday mornings unless something special forces me to do otherwise. Sometimes I keep other facial hair but the beard is typically just a winter thing. Nobody at my work minds, so I just do what's easy and comfortable.

Love the sig pic. It is no doubt spot-on. 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:03:10 EST »

I ain't shaving til hunting season is over.  I hate to shave....if i had a local barber shop that still offered hot shaves, i would shave often.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:14 EST »

Love the sig pic. It is no doubt spot-on. 

There are so many ways to take that chart-- and so many ways in which it is a bad and misleading chart-- that I will not add any commentary. But I too find it hilarious. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: