VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 01:28:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTAV September 17th, 2013*  (Read 3169 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:00:43 EST »

Nm
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:16:06 EST »

What happened to the sprig release date?

GO VOLS!   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:06:17 EST »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/grand-theft-auto-v-gets-a-september-release-date

LOL.  A Rockstar game is delayed?  Unheard of!  That will probably be the ONLY game coming out for the 360 and PS3 at that time- everything else will be for the next gen consoles, which will probably be coming out in the Fall.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:00 EST »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/grand-theft-auto-v-gets-a-september-release-date

LOL.  A Rockstar game is delayed?  Unheard of!  That will probably be the ONLY game coming out for the 360 and PS3 at that time- everything else will be for the next gen consoles, which will probably be coming out in the Fall.

What's the point? Why not go ahead and delay until next gen consoles are on the market?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:22 EST »

What's the point? Why not go ahead and delay until next gen consoles are on the market?

Because this game has been in development for a long, long time- long before the next gen dev kits were made available to publishers.  Do you realize that when GTA5 is released (assuming they aren't delayed again) it will be just a few weeks shy of 2 YEARS since the announcement trailer was made public?  So that means it's been in development for at least 3 years.  I'm sure there will be a ported version for the new systems, but that probably won't come until 2014 at the earliest.

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 12:48:05 EST »

Because this game has been in development for a long, long time- long before the next gen dev kits were made available to publishers.  Do you realize that when GTA5 is released (assuming they aren't delayed again) it will be just a few weeks shy of 2 YEARS since the announcement trailer was made public?  So that means it's been in development for at least 3 years.  I'm sure there will be a ported version for the new systems, but that probably won't come until 2014 at the earliest.

But will the 720 (or PS IV) be backwards compatible? I assume so, but is there a guarantee? If GTA5 isn't going to be released until the end of the third quarter and we're going to see a new console in the middle of the 4th quarter, how many people would decide it wasn't worth spending $60 for a game that's going to be obsolete in a matter of weeks? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy it...I'd probably just rent it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:32 EST »

But will the 720 (or PS IV) be backwards compatible? I assume so, but is there a guarantee? If GTA5 isn't going to be released until the end of the third quarter and we're going to see a new console in the middle of the 4th quarter, how many people would decide it wasn't worth spending $60 for a game that's going to be obsolete in a matter of weeks? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy it...I'd probably just rent it.

The last rumors I've heard suggest that they WON'T be backwards compatible.  They will also include DRM that prevents them from booting up a game that has been played on another console, thus putting a swift end to the used game market.  Again, those are just rumors- but they are pretty pervasive. 

I probably won't be buying a new system for at least a year in any case.  I have around 20 unfinished games sitting on my shelf.  I'll probably wait until I get them all completed until I get a new console.  And maybe by that time, the prices will have come down a bit.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:12 EST »

If true about the DRM, that sucks. I very rarely buy used games but I do regularly take my games and play them on consoles at friends' homes. I may just not buy a 720 as a protest. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 01:49:47 EST »

I don't really get the timing either, but I have a feeling we won't see the new consoles this year anyway.

When development started on this game, they wouldn't have known when the new consoles were coming out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 02:18:43 EST »

I don't really get the timing either, but I have a feeling we won't see the new consoles this year anyway.

When development started on this game, they wouldn't have known when the new consoles were coming out.

Looks like Sony is announcing something on Feb. 20.  I'm sure MS won't be far behind.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/sony-teases-the-future-of-playstation

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: