VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:07:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, is it a safe assumption that Dobbs will be ruinning all over the place  (Read 6721 times)
10EC
« on: September 19, 2016, 04:50:50 EDT »

this week?  Assume we have been "saving" him?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 05:35:01 EDT »

The way our OL has been playing......Dobbs has already been running all over the place

I assume you mean by design? 
10EC
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:47:10 EDT »

The way our OL has been playing......Dobbs has already been running all over the place

I assume you mean by design? 

Well, the "read" part of the Read Option entails him pulling and running when the end bites.  So, yeah...I guess
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 06:11:21 EDT »

Dobbs has made some bad reads so far this season....Several against Ohio.

I'm guessing and hoping they didn't want Dobbs to run much the first 3 games....Going forward he needs to make the right reads and keep it several times.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 10:18:19 EDT »

I think he was limited for most of the Appy State game as well as the early Va Tech game by play calling.  I also think our OL is much better at run blocking than pass blocking.  I also think that Dobbs killed uf on the ground last year.

So he dam well better be running his arse off Saturday.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 04:35:41 EDT »

The backfield includes two really good rb's. Somehow they need to get these guys more touches to save Dobbs from the wear and tear of running so much.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 04:50:15 EDT »

The backfield includes two really good rb's. Somehow they need to get these guys more touches to save Dobbs from the wear and tear of running so much.
yet with the other fork of your tongue you said Dobbs needs to pass the ball better...
Which is it?  X or O?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:18:25 EDT »

Don't be a dick. Yes he needs to throw the ball better. Wouldn't two more options (Hurd and Kamara) help facilitate this? Or do you think Dobbs passing is just awesome. What is your problem?

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 06:46:11 EDT »

Don't be a dick. Yes he needs to throw the ball better. Wouldn't two more options (Hurd and Kamara) help facilitate this? Or do you think Dobbs passing is just awesome. What is your problem?

The problem is you don't know how to blend in with the personalities of the board, nor understand the feel of this community. A lot of people have been members of this board have been a part of VTTW since 1998 (I believe), and have actual friendships in real life. We literally know each other.

Other agitators that have come and (eventually) gone displayed the same shizzle stirring abilities that you display. That's NOT what this community is about. At all. We can fully understand what is going on with a football team, so we don't need someone else pointing it out. I would like to think that the members her take a more mature approaching to enjoying UT sports, and most here don't like the "Merlin" or "JoeVols" routine.

You're catching flack because you either don't understand the audience, or you do and you're stirring the pot. Either way, no one here is ammused

11B4PJ3F7
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 06:48:36 EDT »

I have one, thanks for noticing.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 06:56:28 EDT »

HOF post for FlVol.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 07:24:05 EDT »

The problem is you don't know how to blend in with the personalities of the board, nor understand the feel of this community. A lot of people have been members of this board have been a part of VTTW since 1998 (I believe), and have actual friendships in real life. We literally know each other.

Other agitators that have come and (eventually) gone displayed the same shizzle stirring abilities that you display. That's NOT what this community is about. At all. We can fully understand what is going on with a football team, so we don't need someone else pointing it out. I would like to think that the members her take a more mature approaching to enjoying UT sports, and most here don't like the "Merlin" or "JoeVols" routine.

You're catching flack because you either don't understand the audience, or you do and you're stirring the pot. Either way, no one here is ammused
I have been a member since 1998 as well. I just roll my eyes at all the sugar-coating of a lot of Jones performance. I guess the truth is hard to hear for some. I say what I mean and mean what I say. What has Jones done to make you feel all warm and fuzzy about winning an SECC, much less a NC. Beating UF will be a good step. But so far he is o fer.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 10:02:24 EDT »

I have been a member since 1998 as well. I just roll my eyes at all the sugar-coating of a lot of Jones performance. I guess the truth is hard to hear for some. I say what I mean and mean what I say. What has Jones done to make you feel all warm and fuzzy about winning an SECC, much less a NC. Beating UF will be a good step. But so far he is o fer.
It is only "sugar coating" in your hate Butch filled eyes

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 10:57:11 EDT »

so, member since 1998? Then you're being an assistant knowingly.  Got it.

As for the rest, I guess I've changed a lot  over the years. When Tennessee would lose, I would pitch a little tantrum and be all upset. I guess the last 10 years of my life have matured me quite a bit, because after the situations I have been through, it's just a form of entertainment for me, and I know the results of a win or loss against any certain team really doesn't mean shizzle these days. It's just entertainment in my book.

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 12:16:09 EDT »

I guess I expect 1998 results every year and that is just not possible. Might not happen again. I honestly don't lose any sleep over any game, win or lose. That being said, I hope the Vols have been holding back and open up the offense and spank the Gators. It's almost as if they are holding back, but we are waiting for the light to come on. Maybe this Saturday. I do go overboard with the negative vibes. I'll mellow on them.

volsboyinsodak
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 01:35:38 EDT »

I post here because I lose brain cells reading other boards, and I don't have intellectual bandwidth to spare.

Folks have been nice enough to tolerate my rants over the years on R. Sanders, the Clawfense, Petrino, and a myriad of other issues. Though many have disagreed with my statements, they haven't resorted to name calling. That's the domain of the benighted, and/or classless.

I appreciate the intelligence and grace of VTTW posters. If those attributes aren't appealing to an individual,  it's probably not the optimal board for that fan.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 01:38:07 EDT »

BTW, is thus thread's title a Freudian slip? 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 09:32:28 EDT »

If you expect to make friends online... You expect too much. I probably showed up on the board the third day of its existence and between then and now I have gone and come back for a two and three year hiatus and each time nobody noticed I was gone. Or if they noticed they didn't say anything which is just as good because after this post I may be gone again tomorrow because someone misunderstands what I'm posting. Don't let anyone steal your joy. It is just a game. I talk about football... nobody here knows anything else about me to call me a friend. That's reality. I don't go to the games the one exception was the '98 game because it happened to be in the city where I lived at the time. I saw the game the next year but I don't really want to talk about that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 07:48:19 EDT »

DNFTT!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: