VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 05:10:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VTTW Storm Watch - Update!  (Read 1368 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:54:11 EDT »

The little shore town where my family has had a house since 1958 is already under water, and the storm hasn't really hit yet.    Here are some picture from the Stone Harbor, NJ Facebook page.  The first three are within 2-3 blocks of our house, and we walk past those places all the time (especially the second and third ones).  When I jog, I go right past the corner in the first picture.  TRObh and I walk on the beach to the jetty in the last picture all the time in the mornings when we are there.  Scary stuff.  My cousin and I may head down there next weekend to see if help is needed with clean-up, assuming they are letting people on the island.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:03:32 EDT by TheRealOrange » Logged
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 05:21:05 EDT »

Sorry, but this is pretty unreal to me.  The pancake house we frequent already has water inside up to the chair bottoms, and the local "watering hole" is under water too.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: