VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 09:52:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Cindy Gruden conversation..  (Read 4417 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:18:31 EDT »

TRO, please let me know if I'm not supposed to do this, quoting directly from another site. Don't want to break any rules here. Saw this on another site, this is supposed to be a converasation between Cindy and a former cheerleader friend. A friend told me about it and I thought it was pretty interesting. I can't imagine Hart putting conditions on such a big time hire as Gruden, but who knows-Bama Thang?

"Never posted on here, no real ties to UT, but my wife just got off the phone with Cindy (they were college cheer teammates at UT) and she said Jon is in serious discussions with UT about becoming their next coach. Evidently there are a couple of things holding up the deal. 1) Hart doesn't have the $ to meet Gruden where he "wants" to be but she doesn't think that is the biggest detractor 2) Complete autonomy on assistant decisions, Hart said he would have to keep Sal for at least the completion of this contract; Hart is a big Sal fan and thinks he needs more time to implement. Of course, Gruden despite working with QB's recently is a huge "D" guy so this isn't sitting well. All in all Cindy is hopefully she can replant her roots back in Knoxville and spend more time with her family...could be a good sign, what do you vol fans think?"

- that's the direct quote
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:24:27 EDT »

I've learned to always take these internet things with a grain of salt. But just assuming for a second that it's legit, two things:

1.) If Hart put that kind of stipulation out there about Sunseri, it would lend credence to the rumor that Dooley was forced to hire Sunseri, which tells me more than I need to know about who our next coach will wind up being (his initials are Kirby Smart).

2.) If Hart really did run off Jon Gruden over a stipulation that Gruden would not be allowed to fire Sunseri, he better hope like hell that it never becomes public knowledge, because he will not be a long-termer at Tennessee . . . nor should he be.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:32:57 EDT »

Maybe I've just got this backwards, but I thought it was Dooley who wanted Sunseri and Hart was ready to offer Randy Shannon.  I read that Dooley, with his ego, didn't want Shannon seemingly because he was uneasy about a former HC being on his staff.   
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:56:21 EDT »

This Vol fan thinks it is bull.  I work with a woman that cheered with Gruden's wife and she says Cindy isn't discussing it.  She spoke to her recently to find out if the Grudens are coming to Knoxville for Homecoming.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:26 EDT »

She spoke to her recently to find out if the Grudens are coming to Knoxville for Homecoming.

And....? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:29:48 EDT »

It's interesting, but I'll call bull. Here's why. Hart is not using his money. He's using Haslam, et al funds. My guess is they don't just toss it around. Goodness knows I'd attach strings, and I'm betting they do the same.

There's no way they'd be good with a deal structured like that. Remember, the Haslams (and most of the mega rich that didn't inherit it) aren't "x" industry people, they're deal people.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:31:42 EDT »

And....? 

That's classified  

According to my coworker the Grudens will not be in attendance and I should unknot my britches.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:44:43 EDT »

That's classified  

According to my coworker the Grudens will not be in attendance and I should unknot my britches.

I get uncomfortable when you talk about the status of your britches in a Gruden thread.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:17:25 EDT »

I get uncomfortable when you talk about the status of your britches in a Gruden thread.

Well V, could be she needs to turn up the heat a notch or two with JG to seal the deal. I'd just hate for her to have to give that Super Bowl ring back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: