VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 09:42:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we agree that this years version of Justin Hunter is not the same guy?  (Read 3113 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:44:30 EDT »

I am not downing him just stating fact, it isn't his fault. case in point. That last long pass down the sideline that he did not pull in would have been a catch and maybe a td, before he got hurt. He got no lift to high point the ball. I suspect he will be better next year and back more to his old self but for it was a perfect illustration that it takes 2 years to get completely over an injury like that for most people.

The question is will he stay or go?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:19:45 EDT »

I thought he played much better vs. USCe.  Pirate pointed out that they seemed to get him involved earlier in the game with a couple easy plays, and it seemed to pay off.

The answer is "no, not the same guy", but at the same time last year was a pretty small sample to compare to.

If he can continue the trend of the last game, he can close the season strong, and I hope he does.

How he finishes the season may or may not determine his pro prospects.  There are plenty who think he has the talent and the NFL will take him in the first round regardless of how he plays.

I of course would like to see him come back....he's the one of the three that seems the least likely to do so.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:53:38 EDT »

I disagree.  Hunter has a child if I am not mistaken.  If he goes to the combines and puts up very strong numbers, the NFL will draft him early and the money will be hard to turn down.  I do agree that I wish he would stay for his Senior season but can't blame him if the money is there.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:54:54 EDT »

The answer is "no, not the same guy", but at the same time last year was a pretty small sample to compare to.

He played the year before as well and made several highlight reel catches, and high flying soaring above everyone else type catches. He just doesn't have that type lift this year is all I was saying. I wasn't trying to say he had a bad game sat. He will likely be flying high again next year in the NFL and I wish him well, seems like a good kid.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:25 EDT »

It's more than just mechanics. Part of it is attitude. He's dropped several balls this year that he wouldn't never dropped before and that has nothing to do with his knee. It seems to me that he would benefit greatly from another year in school, but I suspect that it's going to be hard for him to return since he's already had one major knee injury.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:50:13 EDT »

Agreed, not the same guy.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 05:54:54 EDT »

He's not the same. He's probably not yet comfortable with the knee and justifiably so. But he also doesn't want to be hit even if it's not on the knee as the "gator arm" attempts have shown.

He looks too spindly to me to play in the NFL. Or at least for long.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 02:49:16 EDT »

I think if Da'rick Rogers was still around Justin Hunter would have had a better season. Teams wouldn't have been double teaming Him the whole time.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:01:12 EDT »

I think if Da'rick Rogers was still around Justin Hunter would have had a better season. Teams wouldn't have been double teaming Him the whole time.
That doesn't change the fact that he has consistently gotten open, only to not make the catch.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: