VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 06:50:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appears Gundy is staying at OK state  (Read 4028 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:09:08 EST »

several outlets are saying that now.

Where does that leave us? Fedora?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 05:20:48 EST »

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:21 EST »

I'm still hoping for Strong!
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:42 EST »

Pat Forde said on Louisville radio this a.m. that he was told Gundy was offered Tuesday morning and it was his job to turn down.  Said he expects that Strong has discussions and will likely get offer Wednesday depending on what happens with Gundy.  Forde guess is that he stays at Louisville.

Forde is pretty astute with breaking stories, but he sounded like he is just guessing along with the rest of us.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:31:54 EST »

I keep remebering some "insider" post somewhere during this search that Hart wants to look like a hero in this hire due to how much the boosters have been in play behind the scenes of this whole process.  If so, he can hero up at any time and get a quality coach.  Don't have to take it out this far just to win over my opinion of this AD status.  This search process is insane. 
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:29 EST »

Pat Forde said on Louisville radio this a.m. that he was told Gundy was offered Tuesday morning and it was his job to turn down.  Said he expects that Strong has discussions and will likely get offer Wednesday depending on what happens with Gundy.  Forde guess is that he stays at Louisville.

Forde is pretty astute with breaking stories, but he sounded like he is just guessing along with the rest of us.

Saw on another forum that apparently Jayson Swain says that the hicup with Strong is that Strong wants to bring assistant Clint Hurtt with him, and apparently Dave Hart is balking at that because of Hurtt's alleged involvement with recruiting irregularities while at Miami.  

This could get really interesting.  
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:40 EST »

Of course Gundy is staying at OK state.  He was raised there...been at OKS since he was 17.  All his family is there, he just built a multi-million $ home.  He is using us as leverage against the AD to get more power and more money.  Boone however picked the AD and would likely not side with Gundy in such a power struggle, my guess is Gundy gets an extension and raises for his assts.  IMO, he aint and never was coming here...JMO.   Hart better not screw this whole thing up, I am starting to wonder...

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:35:26 EST »

It's interesting that no one locally has reported that UT offered Gundy. All of the talk that Gundy was offered or that Gundy had a decision to make has come from folks in Oklahoma. Makes me wonder if Gundy is just angling for a pay raise and if that's what his goal was all along.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:39:26 EST »

It's interesting that no one locally has reported that UT offered Gundy. All of the talk that Gundy was offered or that Gundy had a decision to make has come from folks in Oklahoma. Makes me wonder if Gundy is just angling for a pay raise and if that's what his goal was all along.
Why else would he have had his interview at his home for everyone to know about?  He was putting pressure on OKS for whatever it is he is wanting (power, money).  If he were actually after the job, he would have interviewed in relative secrecy.  Again, JMO but I heard an OKS beatwriter interviewed and he sort of echoed the same thing, Gundy aint going nowhere. 

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:07:44 EST »

If true, big issue since we are on probation.  Most around here expected Hurtt to be fired when the story broke.  Charlie stood by him, and Jurich supported Charlie.  Hurtt is certainly viewed as Charlie's closest associate, but that doesn't mean much because Charlie's inner circle is well known to be Charlie and his wife--that's it.  For what it's worth, Hurtt has said that Charlie is not going anywhere (but as recruiting coordinator, what else would he say?)

Saw on another forum that apparently Jayson Swain says that the hicup with Strong is that Strong wants to bring assistant Clint Hurtt with him, and apparently Dave Hart is balking at that because of Hurtt's alleged involvement with recruiting irregularities while at Miami.  

This could get really interesting.  

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 07:10:34 EST »

Why else would he have had his interview at his home for everyone to know about? 

very good point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: