VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 03:33:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how's the TSSAA football season shaping up. Anyone unbeatable? Aren't  (Read 2696 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:27:02 EDT »

some of the Memphis schools still powerhouses? When I was in school in the late seventies it was Oak Ridge, Murfreesboro, Memphis Melrose, among others.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 09:58:30 EDT »

My Tennessee High team had two heartbreakers the last two weeks. Lost by 2 to Science Hill and then by 2 to Dobyns Bennett.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:00:49 EDT »

Knoxville has two teams that are unbeatable within their classifications: Fulton in 4A and Grace Christian in 2A. Both will likely cruise to state championships.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:05:07 EDT »

What are the breakdowns of the classifications nowadays. What is the the difference between 5A, 2A etc. What classification is Tennessee High now? Are they still considered a large school?

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 06:38:16 EDT »

There are 3 regular season Division 1 (public and non scholarship privates) classifications that break out in to 6 playoff classifications, 1A through 6A. Each playoff classification has approximately 56 teams in it.   

Tennessee High is a 5A playoff school. 

There is also Division 2, for private schools that give scholarships.  There are two classifications of Division 2 - Single A and Double A, and each of those has about 18 schools in it. 

So bottom line - there are 8 high school football champions crowned in Tennessee, which is about 4 too many in my opinion.  It is severely watered down by too many classifications. 

In all sports other than football there are only 3 Division 1 classifications, and 2 Division 2 classifications. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 03:40:47 EDT »

And if any teams are "unbeatable" my bets would be Grace Christian Academy in 2A, Fulton in 4A, and Ensworth in D2.  Greeneville thinks they can challenge Fulton in 4A, but I just don't see it. 

Otherwise, there are several teams in the other classifications with legit opportunities to win in Cookeville. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 05:24:50 EDT »

I agree Herb. Dang why so many classifications. Seems to me some schools dominate just because they are in a lower class by the smallest of numbers.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: