VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:48:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't believe how many non-SEC fans take it for granted that all SEC schools  (Read 2116 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2015, 05:45:41 EDT »

cheat at all aspects of football recruiting. Here is a cut and paste post from the yahoo CFB message board about Ole Miss. This guy can't believe they get the recruits they do.
Here is the post:
Let me see here.......some of the worst facilities in the SEC, maybe the worst location in the SEC, no real football tradition SEC or not, not a very strong degree to offer........

......but is getting 5 star players like they are Texas, USC, tOSU or Alabama hmmmmmmmm.
Do you think the SEC cheats any more than any other conferences? I don't. But i am a homer.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:50:45 EDT »

The SEC on the whole doesn't cheat any more than the other big boy football conferences.  But Ole Miss?  Under Freeze?  Well...

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:04:30 EDT »

I was talking to an MSU fan about this one yesterday.  I didn't know this, but what happened is the lineman at Ole Miss got into a physical fight with his step father and so his step father ratted him out.

That's pretty much what has to happen to get caught....someone who "knows" rats you out.

The latest word is that the step father has recanted.  I am guessing the step father might be a bit wealthier?

Ole Miss is relatively new at this.  They need to consult bammer for tips on keeping these things on the "down low, cuz".   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:50:43 EDT »

I was talking to an MSU fan about this one yesterday.  I didn't know this, but what happened is the lineman at Ole Miss got into a physical fight with his step father and so his step father ratted him out.

That's pretty much what has to happen to get caught....someone who "knows" rats you out.

The latest word is that the step father has recanted.  I am guessing the step father might be a bit wealthier?

Ole Miss is relatively new at this.  They need to consult bammer for tips on keeping these things on the "down low, cuz".   

Yep...pretty much. I will say this...I know Hugh Freeze, pretty well too.  There is one coach in the SEC better at BS'ing than him......Butch Jones!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:28:29 EDT »

Yep...pretty much. I will say this...I know Hugh Freeze, pretty well too.  There is one coach in the SEC better at BS'ing than him......Butch Jones!

That's great.  It directly contributes to our recruiting success.  I hope he keeps on doing it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: