VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 01:33:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn it. If Bama can bench Hurts who was 26-2 as a starter we can damn sure  (Read 1415 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:34:58 EDT »

bench JG. Don't you think? I guess those of you wearing orange glasses will disagree. Who didn't know JG was not the guy from the first time he took a snap in Knoxville. If you can't or didn't see it. you are part of the problem. Besides, after the Bama game last year, he should not be let back on the field. Too many freshman playing well all over the country to make excuses for this staff. They better recruit some more QB's. Obviously none on the roster are all that. I get sick of  schools with nowhere near the resources having more talent on offense. Hell, Memphis can run and throw all over the field.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:47:47 EDT »

JG was the #1 or 2 dual threat QB in the country, depending on the source. He had offers from nearly every P5 school in America. Several of Urban Meyer's assistants openly hounded him on social media after he spurned OSU.

But sure, Volsboy knew he wasn't the guy from day one. Seems legit.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/jarrett-guarantano-36#school-interests

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:59:55 EDT »

JG was the #1 or 2 dual threat QB in the country, depending on the source. He had offers from nearly every P5 school in America. Several of Urban Meyer's assistants openly hounded him on social media after he spurned OSU.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/jarrett-guarantano-36#school-interests
My point is that if you couldn't tell after the first or second year, then you never will. Some have been making excuses for him for 3 or 4 years. How does he stack up now with all the other QB's in his freshman class? Many are in the NFL or on their way. Maybe next year. He could come back and make you right. Sound familiar.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 04:39:17 EDT »

My point is that if you couldn't tell after the first or second year, then you never will. Some have been making excuses for him for 3 or 4 years. How does he stack up now with all the other QB's in his freshman class? Many are in the NFL or on their way. Maybe next year. He could come back and make you right. Sound familiar.
I was talking about the fans thinking JG was the man after the first or second year. What does that say about the coaching staff. Why can't they tell he doesn't have it?

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 04:52:13 EDT »

Was he 26-2 as a starter? No!  Yet we struggle to bench a bad QB.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 06:40:34 EDT »

I was talking about the fans thinking JG was the man after the first or second year. What does that say about the coaching staff. Why can't they tell he doesn't have it?

Except that’s not what you said. As always, you’re moving the goalposts.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:51:17 EDT »

Except that’s not what you said. As always, you’re moving the goalposts.
I did say first snap. You are correct. But anyway after the second year it was pretty obvious. I admit, it's hard not to expect his light to come on still. Let's not hold our breath. If he comes out and lights up Bama, it would tickle me to death though.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 09:52:48 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:00 EDT »

Who said this?  You are greatly distorting things.  No one has ever said JG was "the man".  Some have hoped he would improve is all.  He did in fact improve, he has looked good in stretches, but the problem is that he constantly reverts back to his old "bad" self.

And you know, it's not like we have Tua sitting on the bench. 

Was your head completely up your arse last year (don't answer, this is a rhetorical question).  Did you not see all the chances Mauer and Strout got?  Tons of chances!  But newsflash, they are not Tua or Burrows either!

Jesus H Christ.  Do I really have to explain this shizzle to you?

Unreal.   

But hey if Mauer hadn't kept trying to play hero and getting concussed, he might actually be our QB now.  He wouldn't be Brady, but likely would be doing better than JG.

I can GuanDamTee  that YOU would be complaining about him though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: