VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 05:08:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft backs off of online check-in, used games policies for XB1...  (Read 2000 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:13 EDT »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:35:35 EDT »

For me, this now complicates things.  I really liked the whole TV integration thing that MS showed at the original unveiling.  If the XB1 can replace both my bluray and cable box, that's pretty cool, and worth the extra $100.  Sony has the better track record for exclusive games, but MS is promising a whole boatload of new original franchises in the first year.  So I'm now back in the "undecided" column.  I probably won't upgrade for 6 months or so after they come out anyway, so I guess I'll just wait and see how they play out.  Gamers, does this change anything for you?

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:17:16 EDT »

I guess they didn't have much choice after being owned by Sony at the PS4 unveiling.

I suppose I'll wait and see which side of the fence my friends line up on. I only use online gameplay for COD and NCAAF. Whichever platform the majority of people I'm likely to want to play with buy, I guess I'll buy too.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 04:48:52 EDT »

Still the ps4 for me, although I'll wait awhile before buying.
VOLveeta
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:43:01 EDT »

xbox fanboy be happy.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: