VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:26:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe LSU...  (Read 4530 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2016, 07:04:30 EDT »

...is gonna take Florida. As for them giving us the game.... "We'll TAKE IT! We've given you plenty as gifts".
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 08:01:50 EDT »

I believe Arkansas will. What am I missing here?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 08:02:27 EDT »

What about Georgia? Toss up game imo. We all 3 about the same.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 08:07:01 EDT »

The deal is.....We are back in our usual over the years mode......Hoping Florida loses a game! Maybe one of these days UT will go out and win it without hoping this team or that team loses a game. And as beat up as we are...we better get players back or it's not a given we will win the rest.

FL is better than Ark or UGA and you never know what LSU team will show up. Just glad it's being played in Cajun land.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:59:01 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 09:11:36 EDT »

I'm not convinced Florida is better than Ark. What makes you say that? Fear?

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 09:13:01 EDT »

Ark will be a game imo, and jawga is one of "those" games...

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 09:16:26 EDT »

The deal is.....We are back in our usual over the years mode......Hoping Florida loses a game! Maybe one of these days UT will go out and win it without hoping this team or that team loses a game. And as beat up as we are...we better get players back or it's not a given we will win the rest.

FL is better than Ark or UGA and you never know what LSU team will show up. Just glad it's being played in Cajun land.

Yes.  But most of the time, we wanted Florida to lose because they beat us.  Heck, probably ALL the time.  The only exception is the first one in 1992, when Johhnny fizzleed up and lost to a winless Arkansas team that had lost to the Citidel, after Fulmer beat Florida 34-14.  We got in a situation where we had 3 SEC losses and needed Florida to drop another. 

Other than that, every year we beat them we were in the championship game, since there has been a championship game, with the exception of 2003, when Uga went.  But we didn't need Florida to lose that year, we just didn't beat Uga.   Other years we beat them since the divisional format...1998, 2001, 2004, we went.  We also managed to go in 1997 and 2007 in spite of losing to them.  Hard to believe, but true.  Somehow they lost 3 SEC games in 2007 after beating us.

It's depressing to think that since the implementation of division games in 92, we have only beaten them six times....92, 98, 01,03,04, and now, finally...16.  Hopefuly the first of many more!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 09:18:35 EDT »

If there is any team we whipped besides VaTech, it was Florida. Period.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 09:28:48 EDT »

Yes.  But most of the time, we wanted Florida to lose because they beat us.  Heck, probably ALL the time.  The only exception is the first one in 1992, when Johhnny fizzleed up and lost to a winless Arkansas team that had lost to the Citidel, after Fulmer beat Florida 34-14.  We got in a situation where we had 3 SEC losses and needed Florida to drop another. 

Other than that, every year we beat them we were in the championship game, since there has been a championship game, with the exception of 2003, when Uga went.  But we didn't need Florida to lose that year, we just didn't beat Uga.   Other years we beat them since the divisional format...1998, 2001, 2004, we went.  We also managed to go in 1997 and 2007 in spite of losing to them.  Hard to believe, but true.  Somehow they lost 3 SEC games in 2007 after beating us.

It's depressing to think that since the implementation of division games in 92, we have only beaten them six times....92, 98, 01,03,04, and now, finally...16.  Hopefuly the first of many more!   

Which makes it even more worse....We beat them and now hoping they lose a game. The A&M was the game if we won we would have pretty much wrapped up the East...Losing that game put us back in the hole.
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 09:31:11 EDT »

I'd take 10-2 and let Florida go take that ass whipping! Kidding, not kidding.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 09:54:18 EDT »

Which makes it even more worse....We beat them and now hoping they lose a game. The A&M was the game if we won we would have pretty much wrapped up the East...Losing that game put us back in the hole.

I know.  But I'd rather be rooting for them to lose because we play a tougher (heck...MUCH tougher) West schedule than due to anything they have done.

At the end of the day, we still beat them.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Hog Mike
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 06:48:06 EDT »

I give FL the edge on defense.  Hogs the edge on Offense.  Special teams are a toss up.  But the game is at home.  We want to finally beat Florida in SEC play so the players will be pumped.

Edge: Arkansas. 31-24

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 07:15:43 EDT »

I give FL the edge on defense.  Hogs the edge on Offense.  Special teams are a toss up.  But the game is at home.  We want to finally beat Florida in SEC play so the players will be pumped.

Edge: Arkansas. 31-24

Hope you beat the dog-mess out of them!

I like your teams style of play....I'm old and old school, I love big man football.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: