VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:13:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like a poor year to go on in on a team  (Read 6484 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:52:13 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 02:55:16 EDT »

Warning signs there there, my friend ...........................   

This is exactly why I have said all along that I am in permanent show me mode with UT football, and especialy with Butch.  Just haven't gotten a positive vibe since he arrived. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 03:31:35 EDT »

Me too Herb....you know where I stood back last season. But it was hard to voice it because the board police on TOS would come after you if you said anything against Saint Butch.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 03:45:39 EDT »

Me too Herb....you know where I stood back last season. But it was hard to voice it because the board police on TOS would come after you if you said anything against Saint Butch.
To be fair the program in fact needs stability. But imho need to get new AD leadership in place with certain changes being part of the expectation for Jones. That is the only hope. I no longer think Butch is THE guy but he is our guy now and for near term (2 years).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 03:47:01 EDT »

We need better executive level leadership too. And stable executive leadership.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 03:52:17 EDT »

C&P from TOS.

In 2013, he was 2-6 in the SEC. The combined SEC record of those 2 teams was 6-10

In 2014, he was 3-5 in the SEC. The combined SEC record of those 3 teams was 5-19

In 2015, he was 5-3 in the SEC. The combined SEC record of those 5 teams was 11-29

So far in 2016, he is 2-3 in the SEC. The combined SEC record of those 2 teams is 6-5

In 4 years, the 12 wins by Butch came from teams with a combined record of 28-65 in SEC play. Of those 12 wins, only 3 came from teams that ended up with a winning record in the SEC. 8 came from teams with 2 or less wins in the SEC. 2 of those 8 ended up with 0 wins in the SEC.
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 04:25:08 EDT »

Hard to argue with cold, hard facts.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 04:56:26 EDT »

Team meeting ended not too long ago...Some positives are said to come out of it. Several issues discussed. QB play and play calling just to name 2.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 02:55:49 EDT »

Ultimately Butch is responsible for all decisions regarding players and coaches so it's on him. My biggest issues have always been with Dobbs' inability to be an effective threat in the passing game and with the play calling. Unfortunately we haven't had a QB ready to go IMO until maybe now, as to the OC position IMO Butch should have replaced DeBord this year...he's not the answer. We're just getting the cupboards refilled and that was a huge factor but we can't improve without an OC who can attack opponents weaknesses and a QB that can effectively pass.....oh and RECRUIT SOME GREAT OL.                    
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 07:48:12 EDT »

But I am a troll for not drinking the Jones kool-aid. I'm not going to say I told you so. I just get sick of all you putting lipstick on this pig for 4 years. Now it looks makes most of you look hypocritical. I left the Jones love fest when he said I'm not apologizing for the Appy performance. They have not played a good full 4 quarters of football once in the last two seasons against anyone that mattered.Maybe Bama last year. What's Petrino's phone number?...lol They just need to learn to play lights out all four quarters. But let's not criticize the coaching. Damn, Jones has yet to beat Muschamp. That speaks volumes.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 07:56:10 EDT »

Just sad that now you all say you've been critical of  all along. Smh... but everytime i said any shizzle negative about him, I was a troll. I just hope we win the last 4 games. Anyone guaranteeing it?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 07:56:22 EDT »

But I am a troll
Correct

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 08:25:56 EDT »

But I am a troll for not drinking the Jones kool-aid. I'm not going to say I told you so. I just get sick of all you putting lipstick on this pig for 4 years. Now it looks makes most of you look hypocritical. I left the Jones love fest when he said I'm not apologizing for the Appy performance. They have not played a good full 4 quarters of football once in the last two seasons against anyone that mattered.Maybe Bama last year. What's Petrino's phone number?...lol They just need to learn to play lights out all four quarters. But let's not criticize the coaching. Damn, Jones has yet to beat Muschamp. That speaks volumes.

I can tell this is a very happy day for you.  Congrats.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 08:46:44 EDT »

For me, and I am not a board "insider", you just kept saying the same shizzle over & over. Probably parroting things you had heard. No original thoughts. You never seemed happy when good things did happen. You just don't have the "feel" of a UT fan. Maybe you are. I don't know, and I don't care.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 09:15:55 EDT »

For me, and I am not a board "insider", you just kept saying the same shizzle over & over. Probably parroting things you had heard. No original thoughts. You never seemed happy when good things did happen. You just don't have the "feel" of a UT fan. Maybe you are. I don't know, and I don't care.

well stated

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 10:40:38 EDT »

Sorry, but you are wrong again. It may now look like the program is stalled... but for the previous three years it was not. Just because people are sour to Butch now does not vindicate your positions the past three years. I'm a more patient person... It isn't going to hurt my feelings to give Butch a pass on this year main reason being massive injuries. It only depends on who replaces him if I will like it or hold my nose and once again... support the poor btard they put there.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 10:51:46 EDT »

Sorry, but you are wrong again. It may now look like the program is stalled... but for the previous three years it was not. Just because people are sour to Butch now does not vindicate your positions the past three years. I'm a more patient person... It isn't going to hurt my feelings to give Butch a pass on this year main reason being massive injuries. It only depends on who replaces him if I will like it or hold my nose and once again... support the poor btard they put there.
Even a broke clock is accurate twice a day

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 11:06:17 EDT »

There is constructive criticism and then there is bashing. A number of subjects have appeared on the board critical of how the team was trending but because it was not an all out assault upon Butch some people just don't notice. Such as everyone made reference to the team not putting 4 quarters together these past two seasons. Everyone made reference to Dobbs not being very good in the vertical game. You can't take credit (I told you so) for telling people what they already know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: