VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 07:22:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, unless I read Hart totally wrong, I am now confident...  (Read 1977 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:35:29 EST »

...that there is no way the big-dollar donors will be running this search or even have much of a hand in it.  It's his job and he seems extremely confident in his ability to do it the right way.  I sure get a better feeling going into this search than I did the previous two.  Very good press conference IMO.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:37:44 EST »

I hope Tennessee hires someone fairly quickly so that He can go out and recruit!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:44:02 EST »

I hope Tennessee hires someone fairly quickly so that He can go out and recruit!

Like Hart, I am not concerned about quick.  I am concerned about right.  Unless something totally unexpected occurs, the new coach should have plenty of time to pick up the recruiting.  Anything in December should be fine, and that's Hart's admitted critical timeframe.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 10:23:38 EST »

Hart's comments on the coaching search timing:

"I wouldn't put a time frame on it, because of variables I mentioned earlier.  I think it is more important to get right, the best person that we can possibly attract.  I don't think the landscape plays into that in every case."

"I think a lot of in the past, a lot of hires of this nature occur sometime in the month of December.  Very candidly, a lot of those coaches will be in New York City for the National Football Foundation Hall of Fame.  Some will continue to play into deep into the postseason.  December [is the] critical month."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: