VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 10:30:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt talking with Freeze per VQ  (Read 1992 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:39:31 EST »

Not sure about Freeze. He's sleaze, but he can get recruits. Did not do a good job covering his tracks at OM

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 09:23:04 EST »

I don't trust Freeze, but he might be great in a one-year rehab assignment. Plus, I can't think of anyone else good we could snag.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:58:15 EST »

Freeze is a good game planner and play caller, but he also turns a blind eye to paying recruits.  He also lacks integrity.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:13:36 EST »

Freeze is a good game planner and play caller, but he also turns a blind eye to paying recruits.  He also lacks integrity.
I look at it has very similar to Saben hiring Joey Freshwater.  Hire the best available and force them to toe the line.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:47:07 EST »

I look at it has very similar to Saben hiring Joey Freshwater.  Hire the best available and force them to toe the line.

Exactly.  But if not as OC, maybe we can borrow a page from saban and get him as a "consultant" or analyst, or whatever they call them.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 07:31:29 EST »

Yes, and we won't keep him for more than a year.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 08:09:01 EST »

According to Brice Pruitt interviewed Auburn OC Chip Lindsey yesterday

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 09:06:31 EST »

Yes, and we won't keep him for more than a year.

I could easily see two years.  I think he will still be challenged to find an HC job anywhere for quite some time, and Tennessee offers (a) a major high vis program (that is changing but Vols still have some brand rec), (b) an offense that is already in the cellar and has no way to go but up, (c) a rising junior QB who improved dramatically from frosh but still has room to grow, (d) a stable of talented WRs and good to adequate RBs, and (e) some talent (finally!) coming in to the OL.

If he comes, we will still struggle offensively next year given the state  of our OL.  To make himself look better a two-year tenure is better.  Joey Freshwater got two years in at bammer by way of analogy.

If he does come, Pruitt needs to get everything he can out of him but also be grooming a successor and/or quietly keeping  a database of likely replacement candidates.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: