VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 11:53:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coastal Carolina beats BYU 22-17.....  (Read 1975 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2020, 02:52:07 EST »

They're celebrating in Conway, South Carolina. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 02:55:53 EST »

Good for them. I have no idea how that program got so good.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 03:21:53 EST »

Both teams played their guts out.

I read the CC coach grew up a UT fan and IIRC he played at ETSU?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 03:22:44 EST »

Still bitter about them beating us last year, so...  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 03:23:55 EST »

Both teams played their guts out.

I read the CC coach grew up a UT fan and IIRC he played at ETSU?

If I understand correctly, he played HS in Campbell County, Shular was his fav player.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 06:07:08 EST »

If I understand correctly, he played HS in Campbell County, Shular was his fav player.

Yes, he's East TN through and through.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 06:14:22 EST »

Yes, he's East TN through and through.

I understand that he owns land in Jefferson Coun...oh never mind.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 06:42:55 EST »

I understand that he owns land in Jefferson Coun...oh never mind.

Hey, why not? Chadwell would crawl to Knoxville ... and it couldn't get any worse than it currently is, that's for sure.  

Edited to add that I'm not really serious. Chadwell has done a nice job turning around multiple small-time programs, but he has a lot of baggage from his Charleston Southern days.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 06:51:26 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 07:29:26 EST »

Chadwell played for Larry Kerr at Anderson County High, which is where he learned to play with the same edge that his team does.  Kerr's teams, both at Halls and at AC, always had The Dog in them. 

Jamey made himself some money last night. He's going to be in a Power 5 type job sooner rather than later.  Jimmy Sexton probably had his Lear fired up and headed towards the Grand Strand within minutes of the final tackle.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 07:30:39 EST »

Hey, why not? Chadwell would crawl to Knoxville ... and it couldn't get any worse than it currently is, that's for sure.  

Edited to add that I'm not really serious. Chadwell has done a nice job turning around multiple small-time programs, but he has a lot of baggage from his Charleston Southern days.

Had some NCAA issues at Charleston Southern, but I wouldn't call them major issues.  Certainly nothing like Freeze did at Ole Miss. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 07:40:34 EST »

Had some NCAA issues at Charleston Southern, but I wouldn't call them major issues.  Certainly nothing like Freeze did at Ole Miss. 

I would call vacating 18 wins and a conference championship pretty substantial issues. Playing ineligible players, kids using their scholarship money to buy electronics and jewelry...these are things that would sink any P5 coach. Certainly not minor issues.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 08:03:24 EST »

Love to see him doing well, but he needs longer track record before he's a legit option IMHO.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 07:32:16 EST »

I would call vacating 18 wins and a conference championship pretty substantial issues. Playing ineligible players, kids using their scholarship money to buy electronics and jewelry...these are things that would sink any P5 coach. Certainly not minor issues.
Ima have to agree with that

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 04:12:38 EST »

The NCAA thing at Charleston Southern wasn't a "football" issue, it was an institutional control thing that spanned several different sports, both men's and women's. It wasn't a matter of cheating for recruits by football coaches.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: