VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 02:02:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets start a new mania for Chris Peterson!!!....  (Read 2638 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:09:37 EST »

Everyone says he is happy where he is at but I think he could be Happy in Knox-vegas for $5+ mill a year.  I mean...sure people have gone after him before but has anyone backed up the brinks truck?  I say we "SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!"   and make him say no before we move on down the line.  I believe he is the only sure-fire guy out there that we can actually get (Saban and Myer are out, Stoops is building a $3 mill house)...Peterson would be a hit and I would be confident he could recruit and win.  Next in line for me would be Jimbo.

Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:35:27 EST »

I’d be happy with Peterson but with the way Hart has responded to Gruden-Mania, I don’t think Peterson-Mania is going to accomplish much. And I do not see the allure of Jimbo (although he may very well be Hart’s guy).
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:56:02 EST »

Start Gary Patterson mania!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 08:58:10 EST »

What Woodstock said

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:17:11 EST »

What Woodstock said

Why not?  Not sure he will leave but is near top of my list

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:29:46 EST »

1.  Peterson is a west coast type.  If he goes anywhere, it will be somewhere in that part of the country.

2.  Paying Peterson $5 million per year would be irresponsible.  He's not that caliber of football coach at this point.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 07:40:12 EST »

1.  Peterson is a west coast type.  If he goes anywhere, it will be somewhere in that part of the country.

2.  Paying Peterson $5 million per year would be

irresponsible.  He's not that caliber of football coach at this point.

SI has an article that says Peterson is big on stability for his family and not motivated by money or  ego seemed credible. Very unlikely to leave until his kids are grown IMO.  Agree that 3.5 M would seem more appropriate of maybe 4.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: