VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 10:16:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More good recruiting news for us coming this weekend?  (Read 2851 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:34:23 EDT »

Twitter is buzzing with "big news coming".  What do y'all think it is?  Bates? 

Speaking of Bates, I didn't realize what a prized recruit that kid is.  His offer list is equally impressive as Hurd's.   
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:42:49 EDT »

I don't think it is Bates.  Both he and Bill made it pretty clear that it would be a while before that decision is made. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:04:57 EDT »

Treyvon Paulk just committed. I wouldn't consider that to be huge news, but hey, a body in pads is a body in pads. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:09 EDT »

Treyvon Paulk just committed. I wouldn't consider that to be huge news, but hey, a body in pads is a body in pads. 

5'9, 195. Appears to be a definite change-of-pace from Hurd.

High 3* by 247, 4* in their composite rating. Offers from

North Carolina
TCU
Vandy
Cal
East Carolina
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
Minnesota
Ole Miss
South Fla
Wake Forest
West Virginia
W Kentcuky
Wisconsin

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:27 EDT »

Not yet rated by Rivals, rated 3 stars by Scout. 

Decent offer list at this point. 

We need more than one running back in this class, and with Hurd committed we likely aren't going to get another 5, and likely not a 4 star at that position.  I'm impressed that this kid wasn't scared away by Hurd. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:39 EDT »

Decent offer list at this point. 

And it looks better when you think about how much some of those teams like to run the football: TCU, Georgia Tech, WVU, Wisconsin . . . all teams that want to run the ball 40+ times a game if they have the personnel to do it.

Apparently Paulk shared time at RB last year with a senior. It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers he puts up this year.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:14:20 EDT »

GVX says that he is a 4 star composite.

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/woodbery/2013/03/in-busy-week-treyvon-paulk-is-second-rb-to-commit-to-vols-in-2-days.html

Either way, things continue to cook on the recruiting front.
101stDad
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:34:33 EDT »

And it looks better when you think about how much some of those teams like to run the football: TCU, Georgia Tech, WVU, Wisconsin . . . all teams that want to run the ball 40+ times a game if they have the personnel to do it.

Apparently Paulk shared time at RB last year with a senior. It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers he puts up this year.

Yep, he played behind the Peyton Barber, who signed with Auburn. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: