VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 08:34:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tamu vs. Arkansas will be an interesting game  (Read 2158 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:41 EDT »

Partly because it's the first SEC team that Tamu faces since joining the conference.  And of course, Arkansas used to be in the "Texas plus one" aka Southwest conference, so in a sense it's a reunion.

But of greater interest to me, a Vol fan, is the question of how well the Arkansas D does against Tamu.  I did some checking.  Arkansas' D was not "all that" last year.  Furhter, they already surrendered 28 to Troy this year and recently gave up 38 to bammer.  While Troy is a pretty good school for their size, they really are not that good this particular year. 

So I really expect Tamu to score some points.  If they do, we can at least look forward to playing a soft D in November.  Which is way too far off to worry about.

But besides that, I notice that bammer's offense only scored 24 on this same D (plus a kick return, and an int return).  Which makes me wonder what they can do against florida this week, and us in a few.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:35:35 EDT »

But besides that, I notice that bammer's offense only scored 24 on this same D (plus a kick return, and an int return).  Which makes me wonder what they can do against florida this week, and us in a few.

I think you'll find that the offenses at Bammer under Saban have this kind of performance regularly. They score on defense and their defense sets up a lot of scores, but the offense is never particularly explosive (though it is always very talented). It would not surprise me to see Bammer put up 30 on Florida but it would not be all offense.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:53 EDT »

A&M will win because Arkansas wont be able to slow their offense very much

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:20:59 EDT »

Co I agree about the bammer off under saban. They tend to grind it out.  But this one is still very young at WB and that matters IMO.  I think they are more one dimensional than ever this year which IMO gives the gators a chance

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: