VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 07:57:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report, Neyland Tampa-by-the-Bay edition  (Read 2177 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2016, 12:56:27 EST »

A beautiful day, the VOL fans came, the Tennessee Volunters came to play, Rocky Top played a gazillion times, the team imposed their will on the kitties and stomped their eggs into a scrambled mess.

In short there was much to like and not a lot to dislike.  The team was ready to,play, the staff had some new wrinkles in the game plan (using the TE as essentially a FB and running old,fashion QB under center TB runs are two examples) and Hurd does what he does best, dish punishment (that straight arm was freaking bad ass).

It was an enjoyable day

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 01:00:44 EST »

We ran some Pro-I today with success.....Bout damn time

Debord being a I Formation coach from way back must have slapped some sense into Butch.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 01:03:06 EST »

The only thing I disliked (besides Hobbs' ineffectiveness down the field and the complete lack of production from the WRs, but we've come to expect both of those things) were the THREE personal fouls in the 1st quarter. One is too many, two is inexcusable and three in a 3-4 minute span had me absolutely livid.

A player like Hurd will never win the Heisman in this modern era but those back-to-back runs late in the game showed why Hurd will enter 2016 as one of the top players in America.

Oh, and going old-school two plays on offense (with success) had me jumping and high-fiving the ceiling fan.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 01:26:17 EST »

Actually.... even though we didn't go under center much we still were in a I formation look quite a bit. We had lead blockers and lined Hurd back behind Dobbs about 5 yards. Hurd is best when he's moving...not standing still. Wish we'd been doing it the past 2 seasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: