VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 06:43:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Media Preseason All-SEC team announced  (Read 2231 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2013, 03:42:30 EDT »

A.J. Johnson is the only first-teamer from UT. No Tiny, no Jawaun. They are both 2nd team, and Stone and Fulton are both third team. Dan McCullers is also third team.

To illustrate the idiocy of these media members, Jadaveon Clowney was not unanimous first team.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/246191/2013-preseason-media-days-all-sec-team-announced.aspx

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:29:06 EDT »

Just a bunch of sports nerds that never played the game. They are the type that would use a jockstrap as a dust mask.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:55:07 EDT »

Just a bunch of sports nerds that never played the game. They are the type that would use a jockstrap as a dust mask.

I don't think you have to have played the game to be a knowledgeable observer and reporter.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:57 EDT »

SEC media, by and large, are . . . how shall we say? Not very adept. Let's just leave it at that.

For starters, they aren't very objective. I know everyone hates him, and he usually does just stir up crap for the sake of stirring up crap, but John Adams is a rare breed in SEC country. For another, they have way too much ego. Look at our own team's beat. We have guys like Wes Rucker and that fool Stephen Hargis at the TFP. We have way too many guys like that and way too few guys like Grant Ramey at the Daily Times (who I consider to be one of the best writers on the UT beat). Does anyone trust guys like Rucker and Hargis — and every team in the SEC has writers just like them — picking the all-SEC teams or the projected order of finish?
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:56 EDT »

I think anyone with a credential can vote. A large percentage of credentialed "media" are simply Bama or Auburn fans with tags. That's fine. Their presence creates a festive atmosphere, and they don't cause much harm. It's not like they get to vote on international treaties.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 12:49:44 EDT »

Oh man, I hope it was at least clean.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: