VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 01:02:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sounds like Bristol is trying to set TWO cfb attendance records  (Read 2240 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2016, 12:36:22 EST »

Biggest crowd ever for UT/VPI, and a week later, the most empty seats ever.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/shake-and-bake/bristol-motor-speedway-college-football-east-tennesee-state-university-western-carolina-012816

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:01:33 EST »

Don't understand the ETSU hate I see some folks exhibiting when discussing this game.  ETSU isn't trying to be UT.  They know they are in a completely different situation. 

That game for them isn't about the fans.  It's about getting an opportunity to get their 2nd year program some much needed publicity, and the amount of publicity they will get by playing this game couldn't be bought.  It is a win/win for them. 

But that said, my Western Carolina Catamounts will put a whooping on the Bucs.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 01:10:38 EST »

Don't understand the ETSU hate I see some folks exhibiting when discussing this game.  ETSU isn't trying to be UT.  They know they are in a completely different situation. 

That game for them isn't about the fans.  It's about getting an opportunity to get their 2nd year program some much needed publicity, and the amount of publicity they will get by playing this game couldn't be bought.  It is a win/win for them. 

But that said, my Western Carolina Catamounts will put a whooping on the Bucs.   

No hate here (although I do have a healthy hatred of their hoops program dating from my UTC days).  I didn't even know they were playing this game at Bristol until I saw that article today. 

But even if they draw 30K to that game (and that's probably being very generous), that still leaves 120K empty seats.  And that's gotta be a record, right?

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:30 EST »

No hate here (although I do have a healthy hatred of their hoops program dating from my UTC days).  I didn't even know they were playing this game at Bristol until I saw that article today. 

But even if they draw 30K to that game (and that's probably being very generous), that still leaves 120K empty seats.  And that's gotta be a record, right?

Sorry.  Didn't mean to infer that you were.  Just seen a lot of it on different interwebz sites. 

Yeah, got to be a record, but like I say - that's totally irrelevant. 

And it was just announced either on Wednesday or Thursday that the game would be played at BMS. 

Go Catamounts! 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: