VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 06:42:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: According to the scuttlebutt..........  (Read 412 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2024, 12:30:42 EST »

I know scuttlebutt. He's a friend of mine.

Anyway, the internet murmurings say that UGA's Carson Beck wanted 1 to 4 million dollars to come back to UGA.

I don't know what he got, but I do know this. (1) He's coming back and (2) He just bought a Lamborghini Urus. Not just any Lamborghini Urus, but a $300,000.00 Lamborghini Urus Performante. That's an SUV on steroids.

Oh, did I mention it costs $300,000.00?

Now if he got a million or more to come back to UGA, isn't that technically a recruiting inducement? And they're busting UT's asses over a plane ride?

The NCAA is broken. To paraphrase one of our regular posters here, "The NCAA is a complete turd and must be killed."
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 12:38:05 EST »

I know scuttlebutt. He's a friend of mine.

Anyway, the internet murmurings say that UGA's Carson Beck wanted 1 to 4 million dollars to come back to UGA.

I don't know what he got, but I do know this. (1) He's coming back and (2) He just bought a Lamborghini Urus. Not just any Lamborghini Urus, but a $300,000.00 Lamborghini Urus Performante. That's an SUV on steroids.

Oh, did I mention it costs $300,000.00?

Now if he got a million or more to come back to UGA, isn't that technically a recruiting inducement? And they're busting UT's asses over a plane ride?

The NCAA is broken. To paraphrase one of our regular posters here, "The NCAA is a complete turd and must be killed."
The judge in Greeneville today denied the requested TRO
However, a couple of nuggets from the ruling:
"Considering the evidence currently before the Court, Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits of their claim under the Sherman Act."
"There is sufficient evidence that the NCAA's NIL-recruiting ban likely harms competition."

Me thinks the ncaa is going to be broke in half sooner rahter than later

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 01:06:39 EST »

I did not know Carson Beck had reversed his decision. I guess he threatened to leave because it gave him leverage.

So if they gave him the $1 million, then he would be crazy not to take that. I mean, who knows where he would go in the draft, and the league minimum is under $1 million. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 01:09:20 EST »

I did not know Carson Beck had reversed his decision. I guess he threatened to leave because it gave him leverage.

So if they gave him the $1 million, then he would be crazy not to take that. I mean, who knows where he would go in the draft, and the league minimum is under $1 million. 

Maybe he should have bought an Osprey.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 01:10:28 EST »

Maybe he should have bought an Osprey.   

Not if he likes living....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 01:14:37 EST »

Not if he likes living....
There was a period of time when the most dangerous place in the world was under an airborne Osprey

With the current issue, perhaps they need to ditch the autmatic transmission and go to a manual clutch (tounge fully inserted in cheek)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: