VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 01:49:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In case nobody noticed, the CuonzoVols lost ugly  (Read 3147 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:28 EST »

62-45 to Oklahoma State. Stokes, Golden, and McRae combined for 7 of 28 shooting and the Vols were outrebounded 40-30. After the first two lackluster games perhaps they needed a reminder that they can't just roll it out there and win.

OSU is an OK team . . . perhaps even with UT in terms of talent. A 17 point loss is not an acceptable effort and I'm sure Cuonzo had some interesting things to say to his team in the locker room.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:05 EST »

You have more or less the same team from last minus Maymon (for now) ......what do we expect? The weakness was guard play last year and i suspect it will be again. I freely admit I do not know who was brought in to help that issue but even if we have someone it will take them most of the season to get acclimated if they do at all. This team will rise and fall depending on how Golden plays.

A team that keeps pressure on the ball will eat us alive just like last year.....he is just not a top notch talent.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:47 EST »

I hope They have a great season,but I'm not getting My hopes up

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:49:02 EST »

You have more or less the same team from last minus Maymon (for now) ......what do we expect? The weakness was guard play last year and i suspect it will be again. I freely admit I do not know who was brought in to help that issue but even if we have someone it will take them most of the season to get acclimated if they do at all. This team will rise and fall depending on how Golden plays.

A team that keeps pressure on the ball will eat us alive just like last year.....he is just not a top notch talent.

Golden is just inconsistent and we didn't bring in anyone that can really take any pressure off of him. I think he's a very talented and physical player and am not really sure why he has games like this. Having Maymon back would make a difference but it's hard to overcome bad shooting.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:00:39 EST »

Terrible outside shooting and they did not commit to the inside game. Impatient. Foul trouble. Early loss like this won't hurt, but they do have things to work on. We'll be better.

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 08:03:29 EST »

Just saw where it was the 3rd-lowest FG total for a UT hoops team in school history, more than 2,000 games. Simply amazing.

Maybe not as bad as losing to Austin Peay early last season, though.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 08:06:27 EST »

Yep. Not even close to that. In the long run Cuonzo could get a lot of mileage out of this loss and it doesn't really hurt the team's tourney hopes much. But there is plenty that needs fixing.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 08:06:42 EST »

Just saw where it was the 3rd-lowest FG total for a UT hoops team in school history, more than 2,000 games. Simply amazing.

I hope Tennessee can beat Oakland this next game. Didn't Tennessee lose to Them last season?

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:57 EST »

I hope Tennessee can beat Oakland this next game. Didn't Tennessee lose to Them last season?

They have lost to them two straight times

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 10:36:52 EST »

They don't play Oakland next

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: