VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 01:49:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mississippi State is flat as hell Today  (Read 2615 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 07:18:10 EST »

I'm suprised Arkansas is leading 14-7 in the 2nd. MSU seems to have fallen back into the pack

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:01:53 EST »

Mississippi State just isn't a good team. They never were a good team. UT played them when they were 5-0 and everyone felt it was a shame that an undefeated SEC team wasn't ranked higher. My take at the time was that they were only ranked at all because they were an SEC team. I disagreed with UT fans who wanted to consider a "close" loss (if you can call a two-possession loss close) to MSU a moral victory, and I disagree with UT fans now who think Dan Mullen would be a great hire for Tennessee.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:36:44 EST »

Well they obviously woke up since its now 45-14 MSU with 4 minutes left in the game.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:37 EST »

Well they obviously woke up since its now 45-14 MSU with 4 minutes left in the game.

Arkansas is just mailing it in at this point

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:02:10 EST »

It was hard to tell how good MSU was when they played us.  They had played no one of consequence.  They aren't terrible though.  They may well become the first MSU team in history to win 10 games, if they beat Ole Miss and win their bowl game.  Not too shabby, but of course, for years teams only played 10 or  11 games and there weren't nearly as many bowls.  Still a pretty impressive year by their standards.

But absolutely...Tennessee should have beatent them.  We gave up 27 straight points to start the game including a joke of a non-caught kick.   Any defense in that game at all and we probably win by a couple TDs.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 10:20:37 EST »

The MissSt game is where Dooley lost me totally and completely. That first half was one of the poorest halves of Tennessee football I've ever watched. Against a team that is an average SEC team.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 11:11:19 EST »

The MissSt game is where Dooley lost me totally and completely. That first half was one of the poorest halves of Tennessee football I've ever watched. Against a team that is an average SEC team.

I'd say above average, but our D was horrid in the first half.  Was horrid most of the game against uga, until the 4th, but that may be because uga sat on it's lead.   Was pretty bad vs. bammer...another wretched first half against USCe...literally the worst defensive effort of Tennesse football ever against Troy.

We played very well on D the first half of the Missouri game, but returned to form for the second half.  At least against Missouri, we held them to ("held" LOL!) 28 in regulation where one TD was a KO return.

The only reason I mention that is that it gives a sliver of hope that we can defend vandy well.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: