VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 08:30:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gruden or bust?  (Read 3375 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:19:37 EST »

I feel like we're in that kind of mode? Are we? If it's not Gruden will he instantly be fizzleed because the Vol nation will be disappointed?

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:21:32 EST »

That will depend on who he is. I want Gruden but will not be disappointed with Strong or Saban ( )
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:24:52 EST »

That will depend on who he is. I want Gruden but will not be disappointed with Strong or Saban ( )

How about Stoops? Mora Jr?

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:26:03 EST »

I'm willing to bet that it WON'T take a few seasons to turn the program around with proper coaching!

GO VOLS!!!! 
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:40:46 EST »

I won't be disappointed with losing out on Gruden as long as a qualtity coach is hired.  One that has a proven track record as a HC.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:34 EST »

I'll support whoever it is, hell I supported Dooley basically up to the Bama game when the cumulative stupidity just turned out to be too much.  However, Gruden would have an IMMEDIATE impact, particularly in recruiting NOW.  That would have us in a heck of a position even next year if the offensive talent sticks around and is properly managed/coached.  So yeah, Gruden or bust IMHO.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34:31 EST »

How about Stoops? Mora Jr?

Stoops is a pipe dream, IMO.  No reason for him to leave OU.

Mora I would like, but is UT that big a step up from UCLA?  We have more tradition, but they have a better recruiting base.  It's not a huge step up, but UT might be willing to pay far more money.  So...in favor of Mora, but    if he would even be interested.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:15 EST »

A group of fans have decided UT's future can only be secured if Gruden or a homerun hire (whatever or however you define that) comes.  They will only be satisfied with that outcome.  IMO if you feel like that, get ready for disappointment. As much as you are convinced Gruden is coming or can be convinced into accepting, I feel he will be coaching in the NFL next year if he is coaching.  If I am wrong, it will not be the first time nor the last. But I do not see Chucky in orange next year. But Hart also knows he has to hire a name that will bring fans and donors back to rebuild the coffers.

Part of that is what Hart said today. He has not been involved in any backdoor approaches. Now have high ranking UT officials or the Board had feelers out?  Would not surprise me. I would bet Hart's phone has been busy since the PC and all brand of agents will contact his office this week.  As long as they get an honest and respected coach, UT will be OK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: