VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 03:32:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herb and Bandit. We are friends here. I want to meet both of you.  (Read 1189 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2020, 05:02:31 EST »

Because we are friends, even though we agitate the shizzle out of each other. I cringed when I saw the locked thread you guys had. We are all Vols. I look forward to our banter between us. Just between us, both of you are my favorite posters here. What started this shizzle anyway?
Sorry Herb, My fellow Air Force Academy friends say Go Air Force! I luv ya though.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:24:32 EST »

Well since you asked, HTK and I have a long history of butting heads. It would be a really long story, let's just say we don't get along.

What has always been true is that HTK often resorts to name calling, which I often blow off, but sometimes respond to.  Check any thread.  Any at all. He is always the first to go there.

But what makes more sense is to focus on a blowout we had a little over three years ago, that I managed to find in the archives.

Here is the link:

http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=36396.msg177611#msg177611

Scroll down to reply # 14 on October 10 2017.  You will see that HTK states "maybe we will meet one day".

You will also note that this was AFTER Droner had asked us both to cool it.  We both agreed, but as is typical of HTK, not until he took one last shot at me, including that statement above.  Whereas I took the high road and just dialed it down.

So I have always regretted not calling HTK out for that, and finally decided to do it, after his, I don't know, 12th dozenth episode of resorting to name calling against me (note also that HTK is always the first to resort to name calling).  Put simply, I am just sick of his shizzle.   

But more to the point, I should have said something in 2017 and not now.  But there it is.

What do you think volsboy?  In that context, what else could HTK possibly have meant by "maybe we will meet someday".  It sure as hell isn't an invitation to share a beer!  LOL.

Sounds to me like an invitation to a physical contest.  What is your opinion?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 05:43:06 EST »

Both of you need a time out. Are we not Vols first and foremost? I respect Herb a ton. He was RightWingVol when I first started posting here in '97 or '98. Bandit, you are a great poster too. Do you really think I am a Bama fan? You know I'm not. But you have to acknowledge Saban owns us. I hate it too.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 06:26:02 EST »

Both of you need a time out. Are we not Vols first and foremost? I respect Herb a ton. He was RightWingVol when I first started posting here in '97 or '98. Bandit, you are a great poster too. Do you really think I am a Bama fan? You know I'm not. But you have to acknowledge Saban owns us. I hate it too.

Volsboy, I do want to give you credit. You are (likely  )  not a bammer.   

But to the point, I have given you a ton of shizzle the last few years, and frankly probably more than you deserved (you did deserve some of it!).  But to your credit you took it like a man (and not a petulant child).  This speaks well of you. And just in case you or anyone thinks this is something new, there are a couple posts below where I say the same thing.  You have very thick skin my man, and that is a good thing!  Especially in this day and age of millennial "everyone gets a trophy everyone gets offended" BS.  My hat is off to you for being able to take a shot like an adult and keep going.

Also, for the record, I am known (as frequently pointed out by significant others, close friends, and many of the posters on this very board) a guy who likes to argue and doesn't like to admit when I am wrong.  However, if even grudgingly, I DO have the capability to acknowledge mistakes (again, unlike some!).  So let me just acknowledge something very obvious, I was (unfortunately) wrong to ever have any confidence in Pruitt.  You did call that early. Congrats (although I say this with reluctance because of what it means to the Big Orange program) you were right.  We are in a world of shizzle. Hope we can pull out of it.

But again, thanks for being able to take my (sometimes unfair) many shots over the years and not get personal about it.  I do appreciate that about you.

Have a great Christmas dude!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 06:44:03 EST »

But to the point, I have given you a ton of shizzle the last few years, and frankly probably more than you deserved (you did deserve some of it!).  But to your credit you took it like a man (and not a petulant child).  This speaks well of you. And just in case you or anyone thinks this is something new, there are a couple posts below where I say the same thing.  You have very thick skin my man, and that is a good thing!  Especially in this day and age of millennial "everyone gets a trophy everyone gets offended" BS.  My hat is off to you for being able to take a shot like an adult and keep going.

Also, for the record, I am known (as frequently pointed out by significant others, close friends, and many of the posters on this very board) a guy who likes to argue and doesn't like to admit when I am wrong.  However, if even grudgingly, I DO have the capability to acknowledge mistakes (again, unlike some!).  So let me just acknowledge something very obvious, I was (unfortunately) wrong to ever have any confidence in Pruitt.  You did call that early. Congrats (although I say this with reluctance because of what it means to the Big Orange program) you were right.  We are in a world of shizzle. Hope we can pull out of it.

But again, thanks for being able to take my (sometimes unfair) many shots over the years and not get personal about it.  I do appreciate that about you.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 06:47:47 EST »

Oh I deserve  most of the shizzle you give me. I am an ass too when it comes to admitting I am wrong. Which is a lot. You have a great Christmas too. Pray that next year is normal sports wise. And Vol football makes a resurgence. Godspeed.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 07:02:09 EST »

That's fine.  The guy is a wacko.  Not everybody are supposed to be friends. 

But I'll make it easy and take a leave of absence, likely a very long one. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: