VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 12:58:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 3807 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:49:02 EDT »

Offense:  could have thrown for 500+ yards and run out of fingers counting the TDs if they had wanted to as the Panthers haven't covered a receiver yet
QB:  Bray was the gunslinger.  He was slinging but missed getting a pass to ZRO.  14 played ok
RB:  Neal ran well, when he wants it on the goal line he gets it.  Lane put the ball on the ground.  Z got plenty of snaps
WR: This just in - Hunter is good.  Patterson still learning routes.  We did not run the 2nd set of receivers with Bray today.  All running wide open all day
OL:  Played better today.  The 2nd string played well, other than a couple of motion penalties. 

Defense:  Took a step back today.  Allowed far too many longish plays against an inferior opponent.  Played essentially a 4-2-5 most of the day with J Smith playing most snaps with a hand on the ground
DL: played better, need to wrap up better
LB:  Sapp played well.  Probst played well when he was in the game.  AJ was active.
DB:  Did not play well.  Gordon had difficulties covering receivers.  Randolph had some breakdowns.  Brewer played well when he came in.  IMO Teague is outplaying Coleman opposite Waggner.
ST:  good ko coverage.  Punting not much observed but Dooley was all over Palardy after his punt.  Darr was replaced as the holder after the missed EP.
Coaching:  good plan, defense adjusted well again.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 05:16:26 EDT »

Most of their success on offense came early and it was almost all slant passes to the flats that took advantage of our  blitzing a lot.  I think they saw something in the NC State film and exploited it.  Eventually we did adjust.  It probably also didn't help that we were missing two starters at LB, but even with our lack of depth, that's no excuse against a team like GSU.

On ST, the kick coverage has been simply excellent so far this year, a welcome improvement from the last few years.  But don't miss that we have also been returning the ball very well. Kicking continues to lag, but at least kickoffs are decent.  They need to work Palardy in practice like a dog on FGs...otherwise his mental lapses are going to bite us in a close game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:28:21 EDT »

we need to do whatever we can to get the ball more to CP. he has 360 total yards so far in two games. he is electric in space, and is just a playmaker. Needs to have at least 10-15 touches vs UF
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 01:48:02 EDT »

we need to do whatever we can to get the ball more to CP. he has 360 total yards so far in two games. he is electric in space, and is just a playmaker. Needs to have at least 10-15 touches vs UF
I agree but he also needs to help himself by learning the offense better and running his routes better.  Chaney and co. Are being innovative in finding ways to get him touches.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:42 EDT »

Offense:  could have thrown for 500+ yards and run out of fingers counting the TDs if they had wanted to as the Panthers haven't covered a receiver yet
QB:  Bray was the gunslinger.  He was slinging but missed getting a pass to ZRO.  14 played ok
RB:  Neal ran well, when he wants it on the goal line he gets it.  Lane put the ball on the ground.  Z got plenty of snaps
WR: This just in - Hunter is good.  Patterson still learning routes.  We did not run the 2nd set of receivers with Bray today.  All running wide open all day
OL:  Played better today.  The 2nd string played well, other than a couple of motion penalties. 

Defense:  Took a step back today.  Allowed far too many longish plays against an inferior opponent.  Played essentially a 4-2-5 most of the day with J Smith playing most snaps with a hand on the ground
DL: played better, need to wrap up better
LB:  Sapp played well.  Probst played well when he was in the game.  AJ was active.
DB:  Did not play well.  Gordon had difficulties covering receivers.  Randolph had some breakdowns.  Brewer played well when he came in.  IMO Teague is outplaying Coleman opposite Waggner.
ST:  good ko coverage.  Punting not much observed but Dooley was all over Palardy after his punt.  Darr was replaced as the holder after the missed EP.
Coaching:  good plan, defense adjusted well again.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 01:21:22 EDT »

One word

Yummmmmmmm!!!!!!!

BTW, what is the menue for the crocs?

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:42:15 EDT »

One word

Yummmmmmmm!!!!!!!

BTW, what is the menue for the crocs?

Seafood in all its glory

First of all

Shrimp Poppers....Shrimp in a tempura batter on a stick....kinda like shrimp corn dogs.

Shrimp bisque .... yep its back and the bisque is better than ever.  I know everyone loves some bisque

Gumbo ... yep bring out your wooohooo and get gumboed

Banana Pudding .... yep I am making a large banana pudding. Homemade all the way...the only thing is I am not growing the bananas

Chips dips the usual

Asian Inspired Slaw with a Southern Twist

and finally a wonderful BBQ Shrimp dish I think everyone will love or at least maybe not throw up on the asphalt.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: