VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:23:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haven't seen this posted here, but a newer and pretty well done Vols site..  (Read 2650 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:30:09 EDT »

With lots of practice notes and recruiting stuff like that. 

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:00:38 EDT »

That is a good site.  Kinda reminds me of the old Vol Insider from back in the 90's, with an updated design.  I hope they don't sell out to Rivals or Scout anytime soon.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:44:37 EDT »

Bookmarked. I read the lead article. If Peterman earns it, fine with me. Let him start the first game. They say he has the best arm of all the QB. What an incredible turnaround it would be for him. 😳👍
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:16:47 EDT »

Here's another article from that site.  Yet another all-star QB that our former "QB guru" coach turned away.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2014/07/17/wallace-puts-bo-kiffin-era/

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:42:27 EDT »

Between Reed Carringer and Daniel Lewis, that's a pretty good staff to start such a venture. I like Brent Hubbs and although I'm only an on-again/off-again subscriber, I've always felt a bit of loyalty to VQ. But the "free" part is enticing. It'll be interesting to see if they can build a good business model that pays several staffers with only digital advertising as its only form of revenue. It'll be a tough go...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:14:45 EDT »

So far, one of the things I like about it is the presentation.  Normally I don't have time to dig through a bunch of different threads spanning hundreds of pages about the latest news.  RTI offers a nice summary of "here's what you want to know" in a few paragraphs that brings you up to speed.  They do a weekly "state of Men's Vols sports" type entry every Monday that I've been enjoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: