VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 06:28:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I like the sound of this!  (Read 5959 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:15 EDT »

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Midnight-run-caps-Tennessee-Vols-long-workday-79115

10EC
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:38:29 EDT »

I'm starting to think it is time for Revolver to put on his annual Orange colored glasses....   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:58:01 EDT »

It all sounds wonderful, but...I've heard it all before.  No number of positive practice reports are going to impress me anymore.  You know what WILL impress me?  Kicking the dogshizzle out of NC State.  And then doing the same to Florida.  That would be a start. 

So keep working hard, guys.  But most folks want to see the results of that work.  See you in September.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 11:32:38 EDT »

It all sounds wonderful, but...I've heard it all before.  No number of positive practice reports are going to impress me anymore.  You know what WILL impress me?  Kicking the dogshizzle out of NC State.  And then doing the same to Florida.  That would be a start. 

So keep working hard, guys.  But most folks want to see the results of that work.  See you in September.

/thread

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 11:39:47 EDT »

I am so sorry for being glad that the players are excited to be working that hard.

You be sure and let me know when its ok to make a positive post.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:53:08 EDT »

I am so sorry for being glad that the players are excited to be working that hard.

I am 100% sure that BDV was not chastising you at all... he was merely giving his opinion on the news as reported. To his point we hear this kind of stuff every year.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:02:58 EDT »

Make all the positive posts you want.  I want to read them as much as the next guy.  But that doesn't mean that I'm going to accept them as gospel.  

Look, I'm the original Pollyanna around here.  But after hearing glowing practice reports, and how "things are going to be different this season" every June and July for a decade-plus, and then watching them crash and burn when the bullets start flying, well, I've gotten a bit cynical when it comes to UT football, and I'm not going to apologize for it.  But don't let me bring you down.  I actually admire you and others who can still maintain a positive attitude after all that has transpired.  I just hope the team can give me reason to rejoin you in your optimism.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:40:52 EDT »

Make all the positive posts you want.  I want to read them as much as the next guy.  But that doesn't mean that I'm going to accept them as gospel.  

Look, I'm the original Pollyanna around here.  But after hearing glowing practice reports, and how "things are going to be different this season" every June and July for a decade-plus, and then watching them crash and burn when the bullets start flying, well, I've gotten a bit cynical when it comes to UT football, and I'm not going to apologize for it.  But don't let me bring you down.  I actually admire you and others who can still maintain a positive attitude after all that has transpired.  I just hope the team can give me reason to rejoin you in your optimism.

My apologies. I got tired of hearing those things too. I haven't heard much of it in the last couple years though that I recall. I don't know that I have any expectations specifically for the season I am just happy to read that the players are working hard and are excited about working hard. That is a success for them personally whether it wins a game or not. I think we "can" have a winning season and maybe if everything falls right a good season and 9 or 10 wins but I will believe it when it happens just like you. We will still be very very young in the two deep and still have little to no depth at some positions. IMHO we are still 3 years away from having the type of depth and experience we enjoyed when we were really good. I suspect we will look a lot like Arky the past 2 or 3 years.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 01:41:57 EDT »

Well the difference between this and other past glowing practice reports is that the players are doing this on their own.  Official practice is still far off.  This type of dedication on their own is something I have not heard much about since Peyton was here, though I think Tee and Casey both continued his tradition of off-season route work with receivers.

I am very happy to hear our players are working hard in an unofficial capacity.  Of course, this is one day.  I hope they keep it up all summer.

Does it mean we win big this fall?  Of course not, but it sure can't hurt. 

In short, I am glad to hear it but my expectations are still tempered.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:08 EDT »

Well the difference between this and other past glowing practice reports is that the players are doing this on their own.  Official practice is still far off.  This type of dedication on their own is something I have not heard much about since Peyton was here, though I think Tee and Casey both continued his tradition of off-season route work with receivers.

I am very happy to hear our players are working hard in an unofficial capacity.  Of course, this is one day.  I hope they keep it up all summer.

Does it mean we win big this fall?  Of course not, but it sure can't hurt. 

In short, I am glad to hear it but my expectations are still tempered.

We hear every summer how the players are organizing workouts and having a great summer. I can't believe that people don't remember it from year to year.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 03:47:25 EDT »

It's gonna b alright y'all. That's all I will say. Be posirive. Be negative. It's ok. "IF" Dooley craps out this year he is fired. Fine. We are in much better shape to hire Bill Parcells This is still TENNESSEE and only bummer has the edge on us. That sucks, but it is as is. UT has still kicked there asses more than anybody else, ever! We are due for a rebound kind of year!
10EC
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 02:58:50 EDT »

It's gonna b alright y'all. That's all I will say. Be posirive. Be negative. It's ok. "IF" Dooley craps out this year he is fired. Fine. We are in much better shape to hire Bill Parcells This is still TENNESSEE and only bummer has the edge on us. That sucks, but it is as is. UT has still kicked there asses more than anybody else, ever! We are due for a rebound kind of year!

UF and Auburn lead the series with us unfortunately
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:13 EDT »

We hear every summer how the players are organizing workouts and having a great summer. I can't believe that people don't remember it from year to year.

What I recall a lot more than reports of players organizing and working out is reports from spring practice and two a days leading to inflated expectations.

This report also seems to go farther than any I have heard in recent years, but I freely admit I don't pay that much attention this time of year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 05:18:39 EDT »

What I recall a lot more than reports of players organizing and working out is reports from spring practice and two a days leading to inflated expectations.

This report also seems to go farther than any I have heard in recent years, but I freely admit I don't pay that much attention this time of year.

Every year. I'm serious.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: