VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 08:39:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the usual Friday reminder...(FINAL EDITION)....  (Read 1674 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2022, 01:16:21 EDT »

I'm happy for you, but it truly is an end to an era 

Congrats droner, well deserved!

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2022, 04:02:50 EDT »

Hope you enjoy retirement and drink plenty of that fine wine!   Congrats droner! 

As for SS, I took it when I retired at 62.5 but I wasn't working...I'd rather live on SS than using my IRA for now.  After 5 years, I got bored and started back working 18 hours a week and loving it!  After a year long battle with breast cancer and surviving that, I decided sitting around at home was boring and it was time do something for me -- so I'm working with an OT as her personal assistant and meeting so many great people!   Funny how life is -- 
Glad you beat the Big C. God Bless you. Glad you are doing well. You have found yourself another niche after retirement. That is pretty cool

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 04:12:54 EDT »

My tax man told me when I turned 62 to start taking my SS....do not wait. After thinking about it and watching a family member wait until he was 65 to start drawing....drew 2 SS checks and died and the checks went away I decided to take mine and I never thought another thing about it.
volzfan
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2022, 04:07:08 EDT »

I know I've been absent from VTTW for a long, long time, but thanks to an email from a "hacked" Pirate, here I am.  Perhaps some of you will remember me as I hope to "rejoin" this wonderful group going forward!

Anyway, Congrats, Droner!  I did the same thing, quit working Fridays for the last half of last year, and then retired at the end of the year.  I have stayed on the payroll as a  Consultant, which I am limiting to mostly phone calls and emails, and I am really enjoying my "freedom"!  So, once again, Congrats and Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: