VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 09:48:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tebow likely going to Jax  (Read 6211 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 02:41:35 EST »

Quite fitting for him to go to one of the worst NFL teams.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8773675&city=newyork
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 02:47:04 EST »

I expect him to do huge things down there.  After all, he would've won the Super Bowl this year if he had stayed in Denver.  I read that somewhere. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 04:26:00 EST »

as what...a fullback?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 04:44:51 EST »

as what...a fullback?

He'll be handed the QB1 position, because he's going to the only team that's just that desperate.  When that experiment fails in a year or two, he'll probably be out of the league for good. 

Tebow is a victim of his own hype.  If not for the ridiculous hype that he generated at UF, he wouldn't have been drafted on the first day, let alone the first round.  If he had gone in the 3rd or 4th round where he actually belonged, he probably would have gotten a few years as a backup to develop his skills.  But first rounders don't get that luxury.  They are being paid the big bucks to produce right away. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 04:28:13 EST »

Jax is the one place he might actually do something. I guess we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:16:03 EST »

Good spot for him.  It's home, and a place where he won't be treated like a slug for being a good kid.  

I didn't like him as a Florida Gator because he kicked our butts on an annual basis, but I never really understood the personal hate for him either while he was at Florida and post college.  It's rare to see a high profile public figure like Tebow live what they profess.  I have a lot of respect for him.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:37:19 EST by 101stDad » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 06:21:32 EST »

Good spot for him.  It's home, and a place where he won't be treated like a slug for being a good kid.  

I didn't like him as a Florida Gator because he kicked our butts on an annual basis, but I never really understood the personal hate for him either while he was at Florida post college.  It's rare to see a high profile public figure like Tebow live what they profess.  I have a lot of respect for him.  

I root for him to do well. The game needs more positive role models. Heck, SOCIETY needs more positive role models. I know where the hatred for him is coming from and it doesn't surprise me a bit. I won't go there because this thread would wind up in the politics forum. That said, I think the disdain on this board isn't really Tebow disdain; it's UF disdain. Our friends down in the Sunshine State made a lot of asinine comments when Denver dumped Tebow for Manning and those comments are coming back to haunt them now.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:02 EST »

In the NFL, you do not get paid to be a role model. As QB, you get paid to win games and in the current NFL, it is by passing.  Tebow will never be an elite passing QB in NFL.  He does not have the arm strength and accuracy.  He is a run first QB and spot wildcat QB as best.  Let him go to Jacksonville and draw a pay check.  I do not care the boy is a Christian. He is and always will be a third-tier QB in NFL.  Great college player. Just not an elite NFL player.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 01:28:06 EST »

In the NFL, you do not get paid to be a role model. As QB, you get paid to win games and in the current NFL, it is by passing.  Tebow will never be an elite passing QB in NFL.  He does not have the arm strength and accuracy.  He is a run first QB and spot wildcat QB as best.  Let him go to Jacksonville and draw a pay check.  I do not care the boy is a Christian. He is and always will be a third-tier QB in NFL.  Great college player. Just not an elite NFL player.

Guys like you constantly underrate his leadership ability and intangibles.  He didn't pile up stats in Denver, but he did win.  I think he can do the same in Jax.  No, he will never be an elite passing NFL QB and Jax will probably never be a threat to win the Super Bowl there.  Vick is a lousy passer also but managed to start and win a few games in Philly, and Tebow is a much better leader than Vick.  Vick is so shy he can barely look reporters in the eye, or so I have heard one reporter say.

Tebow will never be the greatest QB in the NFL or even close, but I think he could start for a year or two in Jax and keep them around 0.500.  I guess we will see, if in fact he ends up there.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:46:08 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 01:38:08 EST »

I think when all is said and done Tebow will wind up playing in the Canadian Football League. He would be a star in the CFL

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 05:26:50 EST »

I root for him to do well. The game needs more positive role models. Heck, SOCIETY needs more positive role models. I know where the hatred for him is coming from and it doesn't surprise me a bit. I won't go there because this thread would wind up in the politics forum. That said, I think the disdain on this board isn't really Tebow disdain; it's UF disdain. Our friends down in the Sunshine State made a lot of asinine comments when Denver dumped Tebow for Manning and those comments are coming back to haunt them now.

Couldn't agree more Creek! I didn't post what I would like to have said for the same reason. But, the reason should be pretty obvious to everyone.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:28:32 EST by UTnbama » Logged
101stDad
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 08:29:26 EST »

In the NFL, you do not get paid to be a role model. As QB, you get paid to win games and in the current NFL, it is by passing.  Tebow will never be an elite passing QB in NFL.  He does not have the arm strength and accuracy.  He is a run first QB and spot wildcat QB as best.  Let him go to Jacksonville and draw a pay check.  I do not care the boy is a Christian. He is and always will be a third-tier QB in NFL.  Great college player. Just not an elite NFL player.

I have no problem criticizing one for his play.  I never said that Tebow is the next coming of Johnny Unitas, but he's as talented as many of the QBs in the NFL right now.  However, when it gets to this point it is just plain personal from some writers, and without an real reason:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/24/schwartz-tebow-turned-out-to-be-a-phony/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/24/nfl-tebow-merrill-hoge/1789529/

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 02:07:22 EST »

I have no problem criticizing one for his play.  I never said that Tebow is the next coming of Johnny Unitas, but he's as talented as many of the QBs in the NFL right now.  However, when it gets to this point it is just plain personal from some writers, and without an real reason:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/24/schwartz-tebow-turned-out-to-be-a-phony/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/24/nfl-tebow-merrill-hoge/1789529/

I do believe Tebow was misled by the powers that be in NY, whether or not that's what they set out to do (I don't see why they'd give up a draft pick to get him if they didn't originally plan on using him, but then again, it IS the Jets).  Tebow probably has a right to be upset, and I wouldn't blame him a bit if he spouted off to the media about it.  But if it's true that he refused to play in the Wildcat package, then that's another matter entirely.  He's being paid very well to do whatever the Jets tell him to do.  And if that's sit on the bench for all except 3-4 plays a game, then he needs to suck it up and do it.  If he wants out of NY, then I suspect that will happen soon enough.  But until then, he IS still a Jets employee.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 02:53:49 EST »

Since it negatively affected Rex Ryan at least some good came of it! 
101stDad
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 03:22:05 EST »

I do believe Tebow was misled by the powers that be in NY, whether or not that's what they set out to do (I don't see why they'd give up a draft pick to get him if they didn't originally plan on using him, but then again, it IS the Jets).  Tebow probably has a right to be upset, and I wouldn't blame him a bit if he spouted off to the media about it.  But if it's true that he refused to play in the Wildcat package, then that's another matter entirely.  He's being paid very well to do whatever the Jets tell him to do.  And if that's sit on the bench for all except 3-4 plays a game, then he needs to suck it up and do it.  If he wants out of NY, then I suspect that will happen soon enough.  But until then, he IS still a Jets employee.

I read a story yesterday where Ryan was quoted as saying that Tebow would have played in the Wildcat if asked.  Apparently he wasn't. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 10:40:41 EST »

If Tebow did say he refused to play in the Wildcat, then that's not good, regardless of whatever else has happened.  Then again, it could just be a self-serving leak by someone in the Jets organization.  You never really know about these things.
 What I find funny is that there is a story that Tebow blew off Jax last year supposedly because he thought the Jets had their act together and Jax did not.  If true.....

Although I think he has great leadership skills and respect him as a person, he needs to accept reality and realize that he's a glorified fullback playing QB, and that Jax is about his speed.   

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 10:42:37 EST »

If Tebow did say he refused to play in the Wildcat, then that's not good, regardless of whatever else has happened.  Then again, it could just be a self-serving leak by someone in the Jets organization.  You never really know about these things.
 What I find funny is that there is a story that Tebow blew off Jax last year supposedly because he thought the Jets had their act together and Jax did not.  If true.....

Although I think he has great leadership skills and respect him as a person, he needs to accept reality and realize that he's a glorified fullback playing QB, and that Jax is about his speed.   

I've seen rumors that the Eagles are going to release Michael Vick next week and the Jets very well could scoop Him up when Sanchez and Tebow are shown the door

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: