VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:32:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So let me get this straight  (Read 2312 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2016, 03:58:03 EST »

In the OJ Simpson civil trial, he was ordered to pay a total of $25M to the families of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman. 

Meanwhile, Erin Andrews just won $55M in her civil case. 

So to recap:  Apparently posting a blurry, pixilated nude video of someone is more than twice as bad as killing two people.  God Bless America. 

I'm no lawyer, but that just aint right.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:40 EST »

Likely reduced greatly on appeal and litigants often have a hard time collecting.  Just ask Nicole Simpson's family. 

But BDV...my opinion is she looks a lot worse nude than with clothes on.  Think of the millions she has lost due to the hit to her public image.   

Isn't she a gator?  I guess Native thinks she didn't get enough.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:36 EST »

Likely reduced greatly on appeal and litigants often have a hard time collecting.  Just ask Nicole Simpson's family. 

But BDV...my opinion is she looks a lot worse nude than with clothes on.  Think of the millions she has lost due to the hit to her public image.   

Isn't she a gator?  I guess Native thinks she didn't get enough.   

I watched it (and if any straight male with a working internet connection claims he didn't, well, I'm calling him a liar) and honestly, all I could really make out was a shapely blonde woman brushing her hair.  The only reason I knew it was Erin Andrews is because she said so.  If she had said it was a fake, I would've believed that too. 

For that kind of money,  you can circulate all the blurry naked video of me that you want.   

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:35:13 EST »

Half of that 55M is supposed to come from the perv who did it to her and he doesn't have the money so she won't get that part. Marriott is going to appeal unless she settles, so likely she will get about $12 million before taxes, which after taxes will come out to about 7 million.

Not bad, but everyone is throwing around the 55M number, when in reality she gets much less.

I am glad she is getting it - and I wish she got more.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:45:54 EST »

Half of that 55M is supposed to come from the perv who did it to her and he doesn't have the money so she won't get that part. Marriott is going to appeal unless she settles, so likely she will get about $12 million before taxes, which after taxes will come out to about 7 million.

Not bad, but everyone is throwing around the 55M number, when in reality she gets much less.

I am glad she is getting it - and I wish she got more.

How much of that she actually sees is irrelevant.  My point is, there was a 25m judgement for a double murder, and a 55m judgement for...whatever this is.  I know we're talking 1995 dollars vs. 2016, but still...IT WAS A DOUBLE MURDER.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 04:16:08 EST »

How much of that she actually sees is irrelevant.  My point is, there was a 25m judgement for a double murder, and a 55m judgement for...whatever this is.  I know we're talking 1995 dollars vs. 2016, but still...IT WAS A DOUBLE MURDER.

Yep... I think they tend to sue for, and make higher judgements against corporations. Not arguing your point though - not even sure how you put a price on a life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: