VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 08:21:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How should I feel?  (Read 907 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2021, 12:31:20 EDT »

Usa Today has UT on it's misery index... but other than how unfair it will be to be reflected on by the actions of lunatics, I feel pretty good about things. If whimpy gets a payday after getting UT on sanctions that will piss me off. But the team is making progress and that overshadows this other crap.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 12:36:57 EDT »

I think what you are feeling is fine. I'm not a fan of what occurred at the end of the game this weekend, but worse things have happened. There were no bad injuries so far as I know. The progress of this team is really encouraging to me. Maybe it's my orange colored glasses, but I really like what this team and staff have shown so far. I have some real hope for the future for the first time in a long time.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 12:48:22 EDT »

Usa Today has UT on it's misery index... but other than how unfair it will be to be reflected on by the actions of lunatics, I feel pretty good about things. If whimpy gets a payday after getting UT on sanctions that will piss me off. But the team is making progress and that overshadows this other crap.
Just because Garnett LOVES their OWN misery doesn't mean we are suffering as well.
Frankly, I don't give a shizzle what they think

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 12:56:45 EDT »

I feel pretty decent. I hate that we could be (probably SHOULD be) 6-1 right now without giving the sanctimonious national sports writers an excuse to drag us through the mud. But, all things considered, I'll take it.

I hated the Heupel hire. Hated it. I felt like our offense should be exciting this year, but our defense would handicap us so badly that we wouldn't even be competitive. I felt like Heupel would be in way over his head and wouldn't be able to turn the program around.

I'm not completely sold yet. I want to see some progress on the recruiting trail. But I'm way closer to buying in now than I was in February. I love the way this team competes and I like how Heupel has maximized a pretty pitiful amount of talent. I feel like that when (if?) he gets his players in place, he can build something very good at Tennessee.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 01:06:57 EDT »

Heupel's recruiting will make or break him. Like it does most coaches. We  just don't have the talent of a good many SEC teams. If he can make a dent in that area, he should be okay. The best way to get revenge on Kiffin is to beat his team every time we play. Knowing him, he was probably eating that fiasco up.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:10:02 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 08:57:59 EDT »

It occurs to me... any lawsuit could not possibly end in wimpy getting money. Does that make any sense? He's not suing for the money but just to bloody the nose of UT. Isn't that the definition of malicious prosecution?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: