VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 07:07:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Titans. Really?*  (Read 2921 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:54:08 EST »

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:39:20 EST »

Gee, thanks, Tennessee. 
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:59:53 EST »

Which is worse, this or the Kentucky loss?  lol
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:03:12 EST »

Which is worse, this or the Kentucky loss?  lol

As a Colts fan, this sucks...though in the end it probably isn't going to change the outcome of the Lose for Luck sweepstakes.

It's gotta really suck for diehard Titans fans who are also UT fans. I mean, if this doesn't prove that this is a cursed year for football in TN, nothing does. UT finishes with a losing season, losing their best player to injury and losing to UK, the Vols' two favorite sons currently active in the NFL are each lost for the season...and the Titans lose to the hapless Colts. Could it be any worse?

Well, Vandy might disagree, since they're going to about their 4th bowl in the history of the program. But it took a douchebag of a coach to get them there. And they're stuck with the reality that even in their best season in years and our worst season in years, they still couldn't beat UT.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:01:39 EST »

As a Colts fan, this sucks...though in the end it probably isn't going to change the outcome of the Lose for Luck sweepstakes.

It's gotta really suck for diehard Titans fans who are also UT fans. I mean, if this doesn't prove that this is a cursed year for football in TN, nothing does. UT finishes with a losing season, losing their best player to injury and losing to UK, the Vols' two favorite sons currently active in the NFL are each lost for the season...and the Titans lose to the hapless Colts. Could it be any worse?

Well, Vandy might disagree, since they're going to about their 4th bowl in the history of the program. But it took a douchebag of a coach to get them there. And they're stuck with the reality that even in their best season in years and our worst season in years, they still couldn't beat UT.

Well, I'm a Falcons fan first and foremost.  I guess I split my remaining allegience between the Colts and Titans.  And since the Titans have more to lose right now, I was rooting for them today.  That was just an inexcusable loss.  If you're 5-8 and just playing out the string and you lose to the Colts, that's one thing.  But when you're fighting for a playoff spot, that's a game you just can't lose.  Terrible.

At least my Dirty Birds are still alive, although they've been a bit of a disappointment this year, too.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 03:29:28 EST »

Well, I'm a Falcons fan first and foremost.  I guess I split my remaining allegience between the Colts and Titans.  And since the Titans have more to lose right now, I was rooting for them today.  That was just an inexcusable loss.  If you're 5-8 and just playing out the string and you lose to the Colts, that's one thing.  But when you're fighting for a playoff spot, that's a game you just can't lose.  Terrible.

At least my Dirty Birds are still alive, although they've been a bit of a disappointment this year, too.

That's how I usually do it.  I like both the Titans and the Colts, but usually root for the team with the best prospects.  I couldn't help but be happy the Colts won though, I really didn't want them to go 0-16.  It suxes that it came at the expense of the Titans, but they still have a shot at the playoffs.

Interesting thought....it's Peyton's team.  Did the Colts try to win for his sake?   There was a lot of talk this week about him getting traded.  Just a thought.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 05:47:10 EST »

I am so Glad Colts got a win, and Falcons with 1 win is in either Bucs or Saints.

A lot games caught me by surprise yesterday:
Colts beating Titans
Skins beating G-Men
Chiefs beating Packers
Chargers beating Raven
Eagles beating Jets

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: