VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 05:55:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hobbit - official first teaser trailer  (Read 2782 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:12:00 EST »

Next December!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM--4UklaL4&
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:29:53 EST »

I've watched the first two LOTR's.. Very captivating story and glad I bought them.  The amount of supplemental  material my set came with is overwhelming.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:50:15 EST »

Sweeeeeeet. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:50:57 EST »

I've watched the first two LOTR's.. Very captivating story and glad I bought them.  The amount of supplemental  material my set came with is overwhelming.

told ya! the last one is the best btw
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:20:25 EST »

Can't wait!  Just got done listening to an audio book of the same.  Trailer very impressive!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:40:38 EST »

Can't wait!  Just got done listening to an audio book of the same.  Trailer very impressive!

I have read the LOTR and Hobbit both now, and in terms of complexity of story, there is no comparison, LOTR is much better and has richer characters - The Hobbit is more of a straight out adventure story, no romance, no high emotions, etc. However, I have heard that they are going to do two movies, and will add a lot of stuff for the second movie that isn't in the book, I guess we will see.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 08:26:52 EST »

I have read the LOTR and Hobbit both now, and in terms of complexity of story, there is no comparison, LOTR is much better and has richer characters - The Hobbit is more of a straight out adventure story, no romance, no high emotions, etc. However, I have heard that they are going to do two movies, and will add a lot of stuff for the second movie that isn't in the book, I guess we will see.

True, the LOTR is at a higher level, but the Hobbit definitely changes tone through the story.  it goes from almost a "fairy tale" like beginning, with the meeting of the dwarves and the comic-like encounter with the trolls, to the more serious encounters with the goblins and spiders, a bit more serious with the dragon, and finally the war at the end is almost "LOTR-like" with Bilbo sacrificing for the common good.

LOTR definitely goes way beyond that, but at the same time the lighter tone of the Hobbit is almost a nice change of pace.  I like the LOTR better, but the Hobbit is funner and a whole lot less heavy, so there is that.  I am just glad that another couple movies in the franchise are coming out, mostly.

Growing up, my favorite book was LOTR (still is) and I also liked Spiderman from the comic book world. My childhood choices in entertainment have been greatly validated by movies in my adult years, lol.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: