VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 07:05:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We shoot well for the first time in forever...  (Read 933 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2022, 09:12:01 EST »

...and it's wasted because we can't do literally anything else right.

I don't think even our A game would've been enough to beat UK today, the way they were shooting. But this garbage performance had better serve as wakeup call. It's time to change our rotations. We've got highly rated guys sitting on the bench who rarely if ever see the floor. Time to throw them into the fire. There's not much to lose, at this point.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 10:03:20 EST »

If they play like this, it will be a quick exit from the tournament. They have too much talent to play this bad. Hopefully they turn it around. I'm pointing at you Barnes. Get this teams crap together before you play Auburn on Feb 26. After Vandy next the Vols play LSU and UF at home, then at Texas. Need to win all four of those games.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 10:21:29 EST »

I think that UK is a really good basketball team.  They are especially difficult for this UT team because they are long, athletic, quick, and they can shoot the basketball for a change.  They are also playing unselfish basketball.

I would like to say that I was surprised by the outcome today, but really I wasn't.  Unless things change, I think that this team will struggle to be above .500 in SEC play.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 08:31:06 EST »

Agree that we need to move to the bench, and sooner rather than later.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 10:01:39 EST »

Especially BHH!! He played a bit more vs KY and looked really good to me. This dude needs to play and maybe even start. Fulky should come off the bench

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 10:22:16 EST »

Especially BHH!! He played a bit more vs KY and looked really good to me. This dude needs to play and maybe even start. Fulky should come off the bench

Barns said he would after the game.
He has been averaging around 2 min per game and played 10 min yesterday
It appears that he has had to adjust to the college game but given the lack of effective play by Fulky he may get a chance to prove himself going forward

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 12:49:51 EST »

The rumors on BHH are that he wasn't performing well in practice and wasn't giving the effort that CRB thought he needed.  The kid is definitely talented and athletic.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 04:43:28 EST »

The rumors on BHH are that he wasn't performing well in practice and wasn't giving the effort that CRB thought he needed.  The kid is definitely talented and athletic.

He performs pretty well in games
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 06:03:22 EST »

You'll get no argument from me. He makes some mistakes, but he's young. Supposedly one the past week he has started performing better in practice and had even been spending time working after practice. I hope that its true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: