VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 07:26:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watched the first episode of House of Cards  (Read 2007 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:51:52 EST »

Not to give anything away, but Frank is now approaching Joffrey levels of evil.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 08:02:00 EST »

I'm now 8 episodes in.  Not really sure what to think so far.  This season has been much more sensational than last.  Part of what I loved about it last year was its plausibility.  I could actually see most of it happening in real life, even the shocker near the end of the season.  This season requires much more suspension of disbelief.  Also, there's really no one to "root" for.  Even if Frank eventually is brought to answer for his horrible actions, he'll be replaced by someone equally dispicable. 

That's not to say it isn't still wildly entertaining.  I'm still hooked.  It's like trying to turn away from a train wreck.

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:45:26 EST »

Only watched the first episode so far, but...wow. Didn't see that coming. Well, I saw it coming...just not so soon. Disappointing, too. Good character.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:53:31 EST »

Only watched the first episode so far, but...wow. Didn't see that coming. Well, I saw it coming...just not so soon. Disappointing, too. Good character.

After watching last season, I checked out the first season of the BBC version, just to see how it compares.  All the major plot points are the same (but occurred in different ways) up to then, but that little turn of events happened in the season one finale.  So unfortunately, I saw it coming.  Damn spoilers.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:23:49 EST »

And then episode 11 happened.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: