VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:21:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It seems very important that we sign this guy...  (Read 2719 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:37:08 EST »

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/tennessee-pututau-11418

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:00:29 EST »

Kesling would still mess the name up ....................     

Go Army - Beat Navy!
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:14:16 EST »

He ain't afraid to face down a block.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 12:14:51 EST »

we are up to 22 at Rivals.  If Pruitt can fill out our numbers (17 and counting) with some decent players, we might finish near or even in the top 10.  that would be an amazing recovery.   

Not to mention it would give me hope for what Pruitt could do with a whole season.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 01:00:15 EST »

we are up to 22 at Rivals.  If Pruitt can fill out our numbers (17 and counting) with some decent players, we might finish near or even in the top 10.  that would be an amazing recovery.   

Not to mention it would give me hope for what Pruitt could do with a whole season.

We're in on several 4* or better guys to fill out this class, but we'd probably have to land them all to crack the top 10.  Top 15 is more realistic.

One of the guys we're recruiting is Olaijah Griffin, a 4/5* DB, and Warren G's son.  If we land him, we HAVE to make "regulate" the new 3rd down song.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 01:15:18 EST »

We're in on several 4* or better guys to fill out this class, but we'd probably have to land them all to crack the top 10.  Top 15 is more realistic.

One of the guys we're recruiting is Olaijah Griffin, a 4/5* DB, and Warren G's son.  If we land him, we HAVE to make "regulate" the new 3rd down song.

I'm basing my projection on the fact that our rating is still 3.5, and teams with higher numbers and that same average star rating per player are either just barely in the top 10 or close to cracking it.

Of course, the last 8-10 guys we land would have to have that same average rating.    Anyway I agree that top 16 is almost likely at this point.   

Speaking of the third down song, the only game I attended this year was Vandy (unfortunately  ), and one thing we definitely agree on is that the third down song (or jingle or whatever) for this season was simply awful.      .  I'm not sure why they went away from the "third down for what" unless the artist really jacked up the royalty on it, but the new one sounded likes something a third grader came up with.

For next season, they need to replace it, and if not, then just do away with it all together.  I would rather have nothing than that POS. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 01:25:18 EST »

Speaking of the third down song, the only game I attended this year was Vandy (unfortunately  ), and one thing we definitely agree on is that the third down song (or jingle or whatever) for this season was simply awful.      .  I'm not sure why they went away from the "third down for what" unless the artist really jacked up the royalty on it, but the new one sounded likes something a third grader came up with.

For next season, they need to replace it, and if not, then just do away with it all together.  I would rather have nothing than that POS. 

I vote nothing. Or let the band play something. Play the theme song from Jaws or Mary Poppins. That loud screeching stuff is irritating. And not just because I'm old. Do like the Oklahoma band does. Play a snippet and hold the last note forever. And I mean forever. Now that's really irritating. Maybe it would be irritating to the visiting team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: