VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 12:26:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alden Hill? Do we have a diamond in  (Read 2311 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:37:30 EDT »

The rough? Based on very limited knowledge, doesn't he kind of have a similar style to Arian Foster? What is the deal with Lane? Is he coming back?
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:48:09 EDT »

I thought he looked ok Saturday. I don't know about great but he can contribute for sure and might be a great 4th quarter back.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:21 EDT »

Good deal!
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:18:32 EDT »

ESPN.com gave the guy 2 stars coming out of high school and ranked him as the nation's No. 99 runningback.

In hindsight, it might be one of the few recruiting gems that Dooley uncovered. He isn't going to have to do much to exceed expectations and if spring ball is any real indication, he's going to play a big role in the UT offense this season. I don't think it's inconceivable that he could challenge Neal in the rotation in fall camp.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 05:52:23 EDT »

Challenging Neal is not a hard thing to do for Hill. He has what Neal lacks.....willingness to grind out the tough yards. Neal is very fast, but has never consistently embraced the toughness required to be a top rb. Neal is more of a 3rd down back IMHO but we don't have anyone else to turn to. 

ESPN.com gave the guy 2 stars coming out of high school and ranked him as the nation's No. 99 runningback.

In hindsight, it might be one of the few recruiting gems that Dooley uncovered. He isn't going to have to do much to exceed expectations and if spring ball is any real indication, he's going to play a big role in the UT offense this season. I don't think it's inconceivable that he could challenge Neal in the rotation in fall camp.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:00:20 EDT »

The rough? Based on very limited knowledge, doesn't he kind of have a similar style to Arian Foster? What is the deal with Lane? Is he coming back?

I think Lane looks more like Foster in style. Hill looked like he could break tackles, more of a power back

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: