VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 12:15:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expectations for Team 118.....  (Read 2437 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:11 EST »

I think that there will be alot of unrealistic Vol fans expecting a massive turn around wiht all these 4 and 5 star guys coming in. Won't happen. It'll take a couple of years for them to aclimate to the college environment. I think Tennessee will do good if they can get to 6-6 and get to a bowl game. Granted I have not looked at the schedule, I'm just doing off my gut instinct. For anybody to think that Tennessee will pul an Auburn is nuts. Auburn had two solid years of solid recruits to work with. Thats two years of developing talent. I'll be happy with a 6-6 record and a bowl bid.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 06:16:08 EST »

I have looked at the schedule, and it's pretty danged tough, just as this past year's was.

I see 6-6 IF we can hold serve over the teams we are supposed to beat, and if the stars align correctly.  Anything better and Jones would be worthy of coach of the year consideration. 

This is a very good class coming in, but they are true freshmen and many of them just aren't going to be ready to contribute yet.  It's going to take 3 classes of blue chip types before UT is ready to ascend towards the upper half of the SEC standings. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:32:43 EST »

If he doesnt win 8 games next year then alot of unrealistic fans are gonna blame the coaching staff and call for a pound of flesh.  But i agree with you guys...we didn't get into this mess overnight and it is gonna take a couple of years to dig out. Talent is coming though!

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 01:56:14 EST »

I have looked at the schedule, and it's pretty danged tough, just as this past year's was.

I see 6-6 IF we can hold serve over the teams we are supposed to beat, and if the stars align correctly.  Anything better and Jones would be worthy of coach of the year consideration.  

This is a very good class coming in, but they are true freshmen and many of them just aren't going to be ready to contribute yet.  It's going to take 3 classes of blue chip types before UT is ready to ascend towards the upper half of the SEC standings.  

I agree mostly, but we should, and must get 6 wins next year, possibly a lucky 7th win...or it will start to get rocky and uneasy..... a bowl game is a must next year...we should be able to get 6 wins over UTAH STATE, ARKANSAS STATE, UTC, FLORIDA, KENTUCKY, AND VANDERBILT...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:02:33 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 04:37:27 EST »

I agree mostly, but we should, and must get 6 wins next year, possibly a lucky 7th win...or it will start to get rocky and uneasy..... a bowl game is a must next year...we should be able to get 6 wins over UTAH STATE, ARKANSAS STATE, UTC, FLORIDA, KENTUCKY, AND VANDERBILT...

Utah State, Florida and Vanderbilt are probably all tossups. Don't forget we're basically starting over on the OL and on defense. I HOPE for 6 wins, I think we NEED 6 wins, but a failure to get to 6 wins next season is not going to be an indictment of the staff.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 05:12:39 EST »

It's going to be very tough.  OU on the road and Utah State is not a pushover.  I only see 3 "sure" wins on the schedule.

Having said that, I think we beat Vandy and have a great shot at Ole Miss, Uga and Florida.   Not sure about USCe, but we did beat them this year.  Mizzou...who knows?

Agree that 6 wins is likely the best we can do, but we could perhaps pull a surprise or two.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: